Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing online statements for savings account

Options
  • 04-11-2015 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi, this is more a complaint. 

My Solicitor requires bank statements from me and my partner to show proof of funds as part of our Mortgage Application. I went online to print them and it only gave me the option of printing my Current and Credit Card a/c's. After 10 mins of navigating your site to find where to access them to no avail, with no mention anywhere of how to do it I gave in and rang the Banking 365 phone number. Again there were no options anywhere to request this, everything was automated and again only allowed me to order statements for current and cc accounts. After another 10 mins of navigating the menus the only option I had to speak to someone was the Sales option. The operative I spoke to hadnt a clue and had to refer me to a member of the Banking 365 team, which is what I rang to begin with! another 10 mins of holding and I finally got to speak to someone who told me they cannot be printed or viewed online, they have to be ordered and posted which will take 3-5 days. At this point I was getting really agitated and asked why to be told its the type of savings account I have, which I need to give notice to withdraw funds. 

Nowhere is this explained. In an age where you are promoting online banking this is absolutely ridiculous. It is the most unintuitive, user-unfriendly process I have experienced, and I am tech savvy. I really feel for older people if this is the process somebody has to go through to get a simple statement. My partner is with AIB and was able to print hers in less than 5 mins, and she also has a savings account that requires notice to withdraw funds. This has delayed my mortgage application by almost a week and I am seriously unhappy as we have a baby on the way and hoped to be in by Christmas. Can you please forward this complaint to the relevant person. 

Mark.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

My Solicitor requires bank statements from me and my partner to show proof of funds as part of our Mortgage Application. I went online to print them and it only gave me the option of printing my Current and Credit Card a/c's. After 10 mins of navigating your site to find where to access them to no avail, with no mention anywhere of how to do it I gave in and rang the Banking 365 phone number. Again there were no options anywhere to request this, everything was automated and again only allowed me to order statements for current and cc accounts. After another 10 mins of navigating the menus the only option I had to speak to someone was the Sales option. The operative I spoke to hadnt a clue and had to refer me to a member of the Banking 365 team, which is what I rang to begin with! another 10 mins of holding and I finally got to speak to someone who told me they cannot be printed or viewed online, they have to be ordered and posted which will take 3-5 days. At this point I was getting really agitated and asked why to be told its the type of savings account I have, which I need to give notice to withdraw funds. 

Nowhere is this explained. In an age where you are promoting online banking this is absolutely ridiculous. It is the most unintuitive, user-unfriendly process I have experienced, and I am tech savvy. I really feel for older people if this is the process somebody has to go through to get a simple statement. My partner is with AIB and was able to print hers in less than 5 mins, and she also has a savings account that requires notice to withdraw funds. This has delayed my mortgage application by almost a week and I am seriously unhappy as we have a baby on the way and hoped to be in by Christmas. Can you please forward this complaint to the relevant person. 

Mark.
    Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We’re sorry you're unhappy with the service. E-statements are not available for our savings accounts, it is as you mentioned necessary to call BOI Direct on 0818365365 to order statements for Saving accounts with a representative.

We’ll be sure to pass on your feedback, however if you do wish to make an official complaint you can do so here.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hawesome145

Mark.
    Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We’re sorry you're unhappy with the service. E-statements are not available for our savings accounts, it is as you mentioned necessary to call BOI Direct on 0818365365 to order statements for Saving accounts with a representative.

We’ll be sure to pass on your feedback, however if you do wish to make an official complaint you can do so here.

Thanks,

Tara C
    Tara, you have just restated what I complained about, I know E-statements are not available for savings accounts having found out the hard way to say the least. There is no reason given for this and nowhere is it explained on your banking 365 website or on your phone banking service, it took 30 mins of phonecalls to even find this out. Other banks provide this service so I cannot understand why BOI cannot! We are supposed to be living in an age where online services are providing a more convenient way to bank. BOI really need to look at their customer service experience from an outside independent point of view. Once I receive my statements sometime next week I will be withdrawing my savings and moving them to another bank. You have been no help at all.

Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi Mark,

We are sorry to hear you feel this way, we will of course pass your comments on to the relevant departments. Thank you for your feedback on the online systems, and our apologies for the delay you experienced in getting through to 365 Online. 

Should you need to speak to someone in the future regarding this, or any other matter please call BOI Direct on the number provided and select option 1 for account services followed by the * button. This option will put you through to the next available representative.

If there is anything else you would like to discuss please don't hesitate let us know here. 

Thanks, 

Evie

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hawesome145

Hi Mark,

We are sorry to hear you feel this way, we will of course pass your comments on to the relevant departments. Thank you for your feedback on the online systems, and our apologies for the delay you experienced in getting through to 365 Online. 

Should you need to speak to someone in the future regarding this, or any other matter please call BOI Direct on the number provided and select option 1 for account services followed by the * button. This option will put you through to the next available representative.

If there is anything else you would like to discuss please don't hesitate let us know here. 

Thanks, 

Evie

Hi Evie,

I am literally livid. I begrudgingly had to accept that the statements be issued by post was the only option available and requested they be sent out. This was on the 4th of August. I still have not received them. This has held up the drawdown on my mortgage by almost 2 weeks so far, and if they have not yet been issued possibly another week. Your customer service has been attrocious. I am seriously considering taking all my banking, current, credit card and savings to another bank. I will be making an official complaint. 

Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Mark,

Thanks, 

Evie

Hi Evie,

I am literally livid. I begrudgingly had to accept that the statements be issued by post was the only option available and requested they be sent out. This was on the 4th of August. I still have not received them. This has held up the drawdown on my mortgage by almost 2 weeks so far, and if they have not yet been issued possibly another week. Your customer service has been attrocious. I am seriously considering taking all my banking, current, credit card and savings to another bank. I will be making an official complaint. 

Mark.
    Hi Mark, 

We're sorry and disappointed to hear that you are still awaiting your statements from the 4th of August. Although we don't have account access here, we would like to have this investigated further for you. Can you click on my signature below to send a Private Message with your full name, contact number and branch name and we will organise this for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Elaine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Looking for information on this exact same thing and came across this thread, great to see those in power at Bank of Ireland still haven't sorted this issue.

Strange in a day when banks erncourage everyone to do online banking BOI dont allow you access to statements for your own accounts.

Every other bank fromm what I can  see has this option available, I tried going into a branch and was told no we cant do it? Why not? I ordered them over the phone and asked whether or not I could pay for priority post at my own expense and got told no it just goes into the system its beyond a farce. Instead I get told its something were working on which sounds a lot like a company line to fob people off.

This has me after nearly twenty years of banking with BOI seriusly looking at other banks to move all my accounts to. I can't see any reason as to why there not available online or at least available to get in your local branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Just chanced across this, but have to say it is something that annoys me, surely it can't be that hard to add in the functionality to just view and print statements of savings accounts when it is already there for other accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Looking for information on this exact same thing and came across this thread, great to see those in power at Bank of Ireland still haven't sorted this issue.

Strange in a day when banks erncourage everyone to do online banking BOI dont allow you access to statements for your own accounts.

Every other bank fromm what I can  see has this option available, I tried going into a branch and was told no we cant do it? Why not? I ordered them over the phone and asked whether or not I could pay for priority post at my own expense and got told no it just goes into the system its beyond a farce. Instead I get told its something were working on which sounds a lot like a company line to fob people off.

This has me after nearly twenty years of banking with BOI seriusly looking at other banks to move all my accounts to. I can't see any reason as to why there not available online or at least available to get in your local branch.

Hi Marty McFly,

Thanks for your post here.

We're sorry you're unhappy with our statement service and that you're considering moving your accounts. While you can view Current, Credit Card or Demand Deposit accounts are available on estatements, other deposit accounts are not. We will certainly forward your comments to the relevant team. You can order a statement through the Ask a Question option on the 365 Online Service Desk or by calling our BOI Direct team on 0818 365 365.
    If we can help you with anything else please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Just wanted to check is this still the case that there is no access to statements for savings accounts online or in branch.

How much does it cost to get a copy of statements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Just wanted to check is this still the case that there is no access to statements for savings accounts online or in branch.

How much does it cost to get a copy of statements?

Hi cruizer101,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You can access eStatements for current accounts, demand deposit accounts and term loan accounts on 365 Online. Regular savings account statements are issued by post. The charge for copy statements is €3.80 for the first page and €2.50 for any other pages.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

So is there no way of seeing a record of the transactions on the account without having to pay for it, surely that can't be right

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

OP there is a difference between a demand deposit and a term deposit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

cruizer101 wrote: »
    So is there no way of seeing a record of the transactions on the account without having to pay for it, surely that can't be right

Hi cruizer101,

Just to clarify, statements for regular savings accounts, term deposits etc are sent to you by post. The charge for duplicate statements by post is for current accounts only. We would not charge you to send a savings account statement again.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 4 YaBagle

I am having the same issue where I can't get the statements for deposit/ savings accounts online. Again insane in this day and age that they don't have the functionality for this.

I'm in the same position of sale agreed on a house and getting the savings account statement is delaying things by a week since they have to be printed and posted when it should be a 2-second exercise online.

Still not sure why BOI haven't made any effort to rectify this when the functionality is available with most other Irish banks. Would make you tempted to move bank to be honest since it illustrates they don't really care about customer service or listening to customers too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi YaBagle,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

We are sorry to hear you feel this way.

Please be assured we will pass your feedback onto our team.

You can order a statement for a your savings account through the online service desk or by calling our customer service desk on 0818 365 365/ 0035314044000 and an advisor will be happy to help you.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know your feedback as we really appreciate it.

Have a lovely weekend.

Regards,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DubSprinter

YaBagle wrote: »
    I am having the same issue where I can't get the statements for deposit/ savings accounts online. Again insane in this day and age that they don't have the functionality for this.

I'm in the same position of sale agreed on a house and getting the savings account statement is delaying things by a week since they have to be printed and posted when it should be a 2-second exercise online.

Still not sure why BOI haven't made any effort to rectify this when the functionality is available with most other Irish banks. Would make you tempted to move bank to be honest since it illustrates they don't really care about customer service or listening to customers too much.
    You should have just got your mortgage from BOI, you'll never guess what but if you get it from them you don't need the statement. Isn't that convenient! Sure why would you want to wait for one to get printed and posted, just pay the extra 0.3% over the market rate or whatever their variable rate is these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jaimenak

You should have just got your mortgage from BOI, you'll never guess what but if you get it from them you don't need the statement. Isn't that convenient! Sure why would you want to wait for one to get printed and posted, just pay the extra 0.3% over the market rate or whatever their variable rate is these days.
    I have a mortgage with BOI and I still need to request the statement by phone and wait for a 7 business days! It seems even the people inside BOI can't see their data. This is absurd and it delaying the process of signing contracts.

They are not thinking about the customer experience for this product and it should not be different from requesting the other statements online. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Jaimenak wrote: »

I have a mortgage with BOI and I still need to request the statement by phone and wait for a 7 business days! It seems even the people inside BOI can't see their data. This is absurd and it delaying the process of signing contracts.

They are not thinking about the customer experience for this product and it should not be different from requesting the other statements online. 
    Thanks Jaimenak for the post. 

Please be assured once the statement has been ordered it will arrive to address on account within 3-5 business days. 

We will certainly send your feedback on in relation to access to mortgage statements online. 

Just adding in we have a new ROI mortgage hub that will allow you to view balance, rate, interest accrued etc. 

If you click option to view mortgage account you can sign up.

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/borrow/mortgages/existing/2-cashback-offer/

Many thanks
    Alison 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

Are you people looking for duplicate statements i.e copies of statements that were already posted to you when originally issued?

If yes, then the solution is to have a proper filing system at home so that you don’t misplace them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Daragh1980 wrote: »
    Are you people looking for duplicate statements i.e copies of statements that were already posted to you when originally issued?

If yes, then the solution is to have a proper filing system at home so that you don’t misplace them.

If you actually bothered to read the small
    3 year old thread you would already have the answer to your question. Not only have BOI shown they are a big mess to deal with, you also need to pay attention to the small level of relevant detail before aggravating the OP more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement