Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park the Stick of Truth

Options
  • 04-11-2015 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

What are the best attacks and buddy to use against manbearpig in the stick of truth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

If you're not a troll you are better off checking a guide on google, as it's a very specific question for a specific game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvygD50VcF0

But I'm gonna assume you're a troll going by post history. But will answer your question nonetheless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

To be honest,

Manbearpig took me six or seven tries. I just did other missions, levelled up some more, then went back and kicked his ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

This new thread got me thinking there was news about the new game, The Fractured But Whole :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

This new thread got me thinking there was news about the new game, The Fractured But Whole :(

Yes, I cannot wait.

I wonder will they include the 'New' South Park town seen in this season?

Yes, I cannot wait.

I wonder will they include the 'New' South Park town seen in this season?

With them gone mad for continuity in episodes this season, I'd say you'll see random bits like PC Prinicipal, or Randy telling about him being pc etc

I'd love a replay of the stick of truth, but I upgraded from PS3 to PS4 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Replaying the Stick of Truth right now actually.
    If you haven't played it, it's totally worth picking up for a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

For anyone playing through it for the first time or any who missed this, a hint about what I thought was hands down the laugh out loud funniest part of the game, also no spoilers I promise, near the end there's a point where you are in a treehouse and kinda given a choice...... go the other way and I promise you you won't regret it, it also has no impact on the story but is absolute genius

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Replaying the Stick of Truth right now actually.
    If you haven't played it, it's totally worth picking up for a laugh.

played through it a second time recently, it's worth it :)

Has it got much replay value? I managed to do everything the first time around without much hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Has it got much replay value? I managed to do everything the first time around without much hassle

I'd almost like to play again but as a different class, as I ended up largely just sticking to the same one or two attacks as a Mage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

While I can take or leave South Park's humour, I found myself genuinely impressed at how economic and efficient Stick of Truth was. Given so many RPGs demand 50+ hours of your time, the brevity of SoT was very welcome. Especially since they managed to hit all the bases in that time - character customisation, a simple but effective battle system, exploration, meaningful progression, efficient subquests, and a surprisingly satisfying narrative (it's telling when a South Park script is more compelling and pacy than most serious-minded games).

In some ways, I reckon it was the most forward thinking RPG I've played in years, and something more developers could learn from as the rush for 'quantity, quantity, quantity' continues. Really leaves a good impression when you finish up a game feeling like it has explored its mechanics and setting without wasting your time in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Might buy this so, what you have listed above was precisely why I enjoyed Shadow Of Mordor (albeit that being in a different sub-genre), played it for about an hour or so at a mates and liked it :)

Penn wrote: »
    I'd almost like to play again but as a different class, as I ended up largely just sticking to the same one or two attacks as a Mage.

I think I spent every battle I could trying to get Kenny to attack with his rats, was always a win

• Registered Users Posts: 54,362 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What a great game stick of truth was. I think I never laughed so much at a game

Headshot wrote: »
    What a great game stick of truth was. I think I never laughed so much at a game

Borderlands 2 and Saint Row IV came pretty close though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,362 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

The space ship was hilarious

i had trouble with the
    abortion clinic
    and that QTE with Randy - i felt queasy everytime and failed it a few times too..

Eugh, first time a game ever made me feel like that and hopefully the last :D

Advertisement