Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer Order conditions when purchasing Local Authority house

Options
  • 04-11-2015 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anybody had the experience of buying a local authority house. I am currently buying a house and I have gone sale agreed and paid the security deposit to the EA. I have been up front with the EA as to the fact that the house is a holiday home that I may eventually move into down the line.
    Today I get a phone call from the solicitor saying that there are a number of conditions attached to the sale as it a former local authority house (which I didn't know before as it is a bank sale). As part of the Transfer Order one of the conditions is that it cannot be a second home or holiday home. I think the solicitor said that I have to be on a local housing list though I'm not 100% sure she said this.
    Does this sound legit?? Its news to me and I had made it clear all along of my personal circumstances yet these issues were never flagged previously. Any advice and information would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement