Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness Benefit claim is taking months - what to do?

Options
  • 04-11-2015 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

I am waiting to have my IB claim processed since end of August.

In 2012-2013 I used to work in another EU country, I was back at work in Ireland in Oct 2013.
    Currently SW is only seeing the 8 contributions I paid in Ireland in 2013.

I got sick in Feb this year when I initially submitted my claim.
    My claim was rejected but SW did request confirmations for all my contributions paid/credited in 2013. I was told this shouldn't take more than 3 months and as soon as my contributions are confirmed I should receive back payment.

Eventually I got back to work and checked with SW at the end of May.
    I was told that the confirmation came but still there're 5/6 contributions missing so they requested the 2012 contributions.

At the end of August I got sick again. I send a new IB claim and got rejected again.
    I called SW and was told they're still waiting on the contributions for 2012.

I've been checking with SW at least once a week but every time they just tell me to be patient. Today I was told by one of the officers that the request for 2012 was only made last week (end of Oct) and not in June. They also lost the records for 2013.

Atm I have no income and to wait another 3 months for the decision is something I simply cannot afford.

Does anyone know how and to whom can I place a complaint regarding the whole process?
    Every time I call SW they tell me different story or they keep transferring me until the line drops.

This has been very stressful especially when I know I have all the necessary contributions paid. Has anyone had a similar story?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

You should go to your Community Welfare Officer and they might be able to tide you over weekly until things get sorted. Sorry don't know where/who you can contact to get things moved along quicker. I know there used to be an Appeals Section on the Social Welfare Website but I'm not sure if it's still there.

Advertisement