Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty WiFi on F1000 router

Options
  • 04-11-2015 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

HI

I have a F1000 router on which the Wifi has become increasingly intermittent since early to mid October. 

I have tried all the usual solutions like restricting the band to n only, changing channels etc. to no effect. It has gotten so bad as to be unusable with a signal holding for typically only minutes before dropping and even when working the performance is very poor.

The DSL side is working perfectly and wired connections are fine.

I have currently disabled Wifi and am using an old router configuered to just provide the wifi using one of the routers wired ports and this works fine i.e. a different WiFi access Point on the shame channel / frequency in the same location provides a working service thus ruling out any RF interference issues.

What is the policy / procedure in relation to getting this repaired or replaces.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

OTNiner wrote: »
    HI

I have a F1000 router on which the Wifi has become increasingly intermittent since early to mid October. 

I have tried all the usual solutions like restricting the band to n only, changing channels etc. to no effect. It has gotten so bad as to be unusable with a signal holding for typically only minutes before dropping and even when working the performance is very poor.

The DSL side is working perfectly and wired connections are fine.

I have currently disabled Wifi and am using an old router configuered to just provide the wifi using one of the routers wired ports and this works fine i.e. a different WiFi access Point on the shame channel / frequency in the same location provides a working service thus ruling out any RF interference issues.

What is the policy / procedure in relation to getting this repaired or replaces.
    Hi OTNiner

If you would like to PM me your eir account number I will have this looked in to for you and update you later today.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement