Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Purchase (Poor quality, Who pays labour costs?)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

DakarVert wrote: »
    Should ad, Aswell as 7% Imbalance both shocks are very weak and there is a loud knocking coming from the suspension now.

I have every faith in the garage as they have always looked after the car with 0 issue.

Coincidentally, I was told on the phone yesterday I had received old stock.... As of last night, The particular item I ordered is now showing as out of stock.

7% isnt that big to be fair...if i remember correctly an nct fail is 30%. I work in the parts trade and know from experience, and seeing it first hand that the most reliable mechanics make mistakes every now and again and i have seen a number of faults due to incorrect fitment. i am not saying that this is the case this time im just saying keep it in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

AKW wrote: »
    Thanks I wasn't aware of the issues with the type of suspension.

It reads though that the car is sitting immobile for the last month while you are trying to figure out what to do? My point is why not do what they say, return the goods, get replacements and then sort out the surrounding issues. Legally if you have to but the longer you leave the car sitting the more it will cost you (?)

Sorry, I'll explain better. The car is on Air Suspension. (Not possible to get the car from factory WITHOUT Air Suspension)

Car is driveable, But there is a very loud knocking noise. (Don't want to do further damage)

It's not actually possible to return, Unless I leave the car on a lift for 2 weeks or so. (Which they informed me was my problem)
    The costs are going to be eye watering.

They other option is to purchase a new pair again, But I really don't feel comfortable giving these shower another €1k!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

7% isnt that big to be fair...if i remember correctly an nct fail is 30%. I work in the parts trade and know from experience

I agree, But for new suspension?

Also bare in mind they are both weak, I have a print to prove this.
    They're actually weaker than the original fronts. (Around 8 years old now)

There's also a very loud knocking, (Like a very bad top-mount) It can't be a Top-Mount though as the suspension is an all in 1 unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

DakarVert wrote: »
    They other option is to purchase a new pair again, But I really don't feel comfortable giving these shower another €1k!

Maybe the garage would agree to refund you if you do this if they find a fault with the first ones sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

buy new ones somewhere else and then pursue them for a refund.

• Advertisement
Advertisement