Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September, October…......whenever.

Options
  • 04-11-2015 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭

The winner of the “FibrePower your Community” competition to be “announced at the end of September” or alternatively to be “announced October 2015”, depending on which part of the webpage caught your eye, remains unannounced.

Of course that’s just the announcement of the winner, heaven knows when they’ll get the actual broadband. Luckily eir haven’t tied themselves down on their side of the deal.

T&Cs
    • 4.4 open eir reserves the right in its sole discretion to change or add to the eligibility criteria.
    • 9. All communities which enter this competition should accommodate a survey to be carried out by open eir of the suitability of the community they submit for entry.
    • 14. open eir reserves the right to change any aspect of the prize.
    • 18. open eir reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

The initial delays were most likely to do with the re-branding, as the original deadline was due at about the same time as the eir launch.

The communities that submitted were told a few weeks ago that there was going to be further delays but that it would be November when they were told.

At the time of the original deadline, I believe it had been stated that work would commence in the winning community in Q1 of 2016, but doubt that is the case any more.

I've heard that they are announcing the winner on the 26th November.

The guy who did our entry was told by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭clohamon

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    I've heard that they are announcing the winner on the 26th November.

The guy who did our entry was told by them.

Can you tell us what is/was involved in the 'survey'? Did eir ask for the names and addresses of all the householders in the community? Did they require written expressions of interest etc ?

clohamon wrote: »
    Can you tell us what is/was involved in the 'survey'? Did eir ask for the names and addresses of all the householders in the community? Did they require written expressions of interest etc ?

This is all they looked for, as well as a "creative" element.

The only names they were looking for were those people in the community who were working on the entry, as well as those who agreed to participate in case studies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭clohamon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

clohamon wrote: »

That good well done hope they enjoy there FTTH imagine they won't get it to mid 2016 or maybe early 2016.I still waiting on NBP map to get update to see if I'm on eir upgrade path with there blue line anybody know when the next update is ?.

Advertisement