Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Availability Castlewaller Newport Co, Tipperary

Options
  • 04-11-2015 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have checked the eFibre roll out map for the subject location and although it shows that work has commenced it doesn't give a completion date.  Can you provide a completion date for the eFibre availability?  For your info, I am located 2.8 km from live cabinet NRT1_005.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Hi, I have checked the eFibre roll out map for the subject location and although it shows that work has commenced it doesn't give a completion date.  Can you provide a completion date for the eFibre availability?  For your info, I am located 2.8 km from live cabinet NRT1_005.
    Hi Gooser14

Cabinet NRT1_005 has already launched - if you are more than 2Km from the nearest cabinet I'm afraid efibre will not be available to you as that's the maximum distance a line can be from the cabinet to avail of efibre - please follow this link http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ - guide your mouse over the "calculate distance" area and you will see 2000mtrs is the furthest range.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Gooser14

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Gooser14

Cabinet NRT1_005 has already launched - if you are more than 2Km from the nearest cabinet I'm afraid efibre will not be available to you as that's the maximum distance a line can be from the cabinet to avail of efibre - please follow this link http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ - guide your mouse over the "calculate distance" area and you will see 2000mtrs is the furthest range.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi, As I am more than 2 km from the NRT1_005 cabinet can you please advise when EFibre will be available in Castlewaller, Newport, Co. Tipperary. 

Hi Gooser14

Thanks
    Al
    Hi, As I am more than 2 km from the NRT1_005 cabinet can you please advise when EFibre will be available in Castlewaller, Newport, Co. Tipperary. 

Unfortunately there are no plans in place for eir to bring eFibre to Castlewallar - I'm sorry I can't offer Better news

The best advice that I can offer is to look in to the governments plans to deliver high speed broadband to areas not currently in plans- "The National broadband plan" more details can be found here: http://www.dcenr.gov.i...-Broadband-Plan.aspx

Thanks
    Al

Hi Gooser14

Thanks
    Al

Unfortunately there are no plans in place for eir to bring eFibre to Castlewallar - I'm sorry I can't offer Better news

The best advice that I can offer is to look in to the governments plans to deliver high speed broadband to areas not currently in plans- "The National broadband plan" more details can be found here: http://www.dcenr.gov.i...-Broadband-Plan.aspx

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan, In your above response you state that there are no plans in place for eir to bring eFibre to Castlewaller.  If that is the case then why is the efibre roll out map showing a blue line (Fibre Build Commenced) on the road outside my house in Castlewaller Newport?  Is the map wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Hi Alan, In your above response you state that there are no plans in place for eir to bring eFibre to Castlewaller. If that is the case then why is the efibre roll out map showing a blue line (Fibre Build Commenced) on the road outside my house in Castlewaller Newport? Is the map wrong?
    The blue lines represent the planned "Rural Fibre Routes" i.e. Fibre-to-the-Home (FTTH) using fibre optic cable direct to your home and planned to be rolled out between 2017 and 2020. FTTH is a different technology to efibre. Hover over "Rural Fibre Routes" label at the top of the map for a description, click on the label to remove/add the blue lines.

Speeds up to 1000Mb/s are available with FTTH with no distance limit, efibre is via existing copper cable from the cabinet/exchange to your home and distance limited to 2km from a cabinet or 1.7km from an exchange with speed dropping as distance increases to the 2km/1.7km limits. The fibre in efibre is to the exchange/cabinet (FTTex/FTTC).

As eir: Alan posted above the government's planned "National Broadband Plan" will be the only option for those outside efibre (2km/1.7km) and FTTH (blue line) areas for high speed broadband.

• Advertisement

Hi The Cush, Thanks for the clarification.

The Cush wrote: »
    Hi Alan, In your above response you state that there are no plans in place for eir to bring eFibre to Castlewaller. If that is the case then why is the efibre roll out map showing a blue line (Fibre Build Commenced) on the road outside my house in Castlewaller Newport? Is the map wrong?
    The blue lines represent the planned "Rural Fibre Routes" i.e. Fibre-to-the-Home (FTTH) using fibre optic cable direct to your home and planned to be rolled out between 2017 and 2020. FTTH is a different technology to efibre. Hover over "Rural Fibre Routes" label at the top of the map for a description, click on the label to remove/add the blue lines.

Speeds up to 1000Mb/s are available with FTTH with no distance limit, efibre is via existing copper cable from the cabinet/exchange to your home and distance limited to 2km from a cabinet or 1.7km from an exchange with speed dropping as distance increases to the 2km/1.7km limits. The fibre in efibre is to the exchange/cabinet (FTTex/FTTC).

As eir: Alan posted above the government's planned "National Broadband Plan" will be the only option for those outside efibre (2km/1.7km) and FTTH (blue line) areas for high speed broadband.
    Thanks for your advice here TheCush

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement