Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPU Upgrade

Options
  • 04-11-2015 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Will be purchasing a new GPU soon and a new PSU. Just want to know if they're compatible with my current build and if they're good choices. Will be purchasing the MSI GTX 970 gaming 4G 4Gb GDDR5 and xfx pro550W core edition. Looking to play latest games like Battlefront, GTA V, Ark etc

Current build:
    Intel i5 3470
    8Gb corsair vengeance DDR3
    Asus p8h61 mobo
    GTX 650Ti
    430W thermaltake psu
    1Tb HDD, 125Gb SSD.

Will be purchasing all parts from Hardwareversand.de (cheapest online).

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You don't even need a new power supply, the 430w is fine, what model is it?

Assuming you're gaming at 1080P the 970 is a solid choice, the 390 8GB is a good choice too but that would definitely require a new power supply as it's a bit hungrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

You don't even need a new power supply, the 430w is fine, what model is it?

Assuming you're gaming at 1080P the 970 is a solid choice, the 390 8GB is a good choice too but that would definitely require a new power supply as it's a bit hungrier.

Ah, I forgot to say that I might upgrade the CPU later as well. My 430W is a thermaltake PSU. Yup, gaming at 1080p. Went with MSI as I've been told it's the best of the 970 range re: cooling etc

Advertisement