Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking up economics

• 04-11-2015 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm in fifth year at the moment and am studying applied maths, biology, chemistry Spanish and physics. My physics teacher is atrocious so I'm thinking about taking up economics instead. Is it too late to do this? Any advice on economics?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

24e123 wrote: »
    I'm in fifth year at the moment and am studying applied maths, biology, chemistry Spanish and physics. My physics teacher is atrocious so I'm thinking about taking up economics instead. Is it too late to do this? Any advice on economics?

Do you have any interest in economics?
    If so it should be relatively easy. Shouldn't be too far into the micro stages of the course yet. However, are you doing any other science courses. Some college courses require a science subject as matriculation

• Registered Users Posts: 4 24e123

Do you have any interest in economics?
    If so it should be relatively easy. Shouldn't be too far into the micro stages of the course yet. However, are you doing any other science courses. Some college courses require a science subject as matriculation

Yeah I do think it's interesting :) I'm doing biology and chemistry so I have the science aspect covered

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

It's not too late economics is very easy with a small course you shouldn't have any problems if your willing to catch up.Where on pg 130 of our book already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Lots of people take up Economics halfway through 6th year and still manage to get a good grade, it's a very short course with predictable questions so you will definitely be able for it especially if you have an interest in it

Advertisement