Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv repair in d15?

Options
  • 04-11-2015 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

Are Duffy's still in Blanch? Where exactly are they based?

Are they any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They're on the corner beside the Vineyard, junction with Mill Road. I don't think it's Duffys anymore but they still do TV repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Thanks January

Beside Camilles??

Yep on that stretch of shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Wouldn’t recommend them.

Left a radio in to be fixed with them, had to chase it up and was eventually told not worth fixing with a I didn’t want to do it attitude

Fast forward to last year, heard the phone place in there was good, so dropped in my phone to get it unlocked.

Didn’t hear anything back so rang Duffys, again a snotty attitude, did he not give you a card, this is a separate business (using the same building/counter?), don’t be calling me

Even the fella doing the phone has the same attitude (looked at me when I put in my sim card to check it was unlocked), had to push him to get a date when phone was done ( then tells me he didn’t unlock them, he drops them off to some fella to do it)

Didn't have the same experience at all. Have had a phone fixed (home button and speaker) and a ghd fixed there and nothing but professional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Is there anywhere else around jeffk?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

amdublin wrote:
    Is there anywhere else around jeffk?

I couldn't recommend anyone,a quick google had two more places in Dublin 15

You could go to Duffy's and see what they are like for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

I have used Duffys - they repaired my TV but it did take about 3 weeks longer than they had indicated initially. Price was about standard. I always had to chase them to ask about the delay - they never once rang me to say the part was delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭782378

Try Powercity, I got an old TV fixed with them in the past and it was reasonable

Advertisement