Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor sensor light with camera

Options
  • 04-11-2015 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭

Hi. Am looking for recommendations for an outdoor sensor light with built in camera. I believe they take an SD card but would like to know also what options are available over an internet connection. My present broadband deal is 15gb per month and am wondering if this would be sufficient?

Aldi had some for sale recently but were sold out when I got there. Also, could I install the camera myself or would it need to be installed by a registered contractor if I were to use it at a later date as proof against a trespasser or burglar?

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

This guy does some good ones.
    You can self install a camera for your own use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

KoolKid wrote: »
    This guy does some good ones.
    You can self install a camera for your own use.

Thanks Koolkid - I think the post may be missing the link you suggest?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Apologies.Fixed now!

KoolKid wrote: »
    Apologies.Fixed now!

Great - thanks a mil for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi. Am looking for recommendations for an outdoor sensor light with built in camera. I believe they take an SD card but would like to know also what options are available over an internet connection. My present broadband deal is 15gb per month and am wondering if this would be sufficient?

Aldi had some for sale recently but were sold out when I got there. Also, could I install the camera myself or would it need to be installed by a registered contractor if I were to use it at a later date as proof against a trespasser or burglar?

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

For better quality you should be looking at a dedicated DVR, also for remote access this would come as standard.
    Some good kits available at the suppliers for this too.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    For better quality you should be looking at a dedicated DVR, also for remote access this would come as standard.
    Some good kits available at the suppliers for this too.

Thanks for that Altor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks for that Altor

No problem, out of the two types it would be the best to go for in my opinion.

Advertisement