Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will a uk tv work here

Options
  • 04-11-2015 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

hi
    would any one know

if I was to buy a Tv on littlewoods that says Freeview will that work in Ireland like Seorview ?
    will I be able to see RTE Stations ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

No. They're different formats.

But you could get a Saorview box.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

As a minimum it needs to say Freeview HD but I'd feel much safer if the specs. said that it supported Saorview.

You also need to figure how you'll return it to the retailer if it needs a warranty repair. For an appliance as big as a TV I would not buy mail order, this is deffo something I would only buy from a local bricks and mortar store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

It will work.
    It won't pick up saorview unless you use an addon receiver.

Although, if it is Littlewoods Ireland then I would see no reason why they would sell a TV that was not compatible with Saorview.
    Best to enquire.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rally chick

Thanks Every one !!
    wont buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,459 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

kleefarr wrote: »
    It will work.
    It won't pick up saorview unless you use an addon receiver.

By which you mean it won't work.

Any TV made in the last 25 years and which has a SCART socket will work with an 'addon receiver'. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

coylemj wrote: »

Any TV made in the last 25 years and which has a SCART socket will work with an 'addon receiver'. :rolleyes:
    Most things are obvious to someone, but not everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

if you just plan to use a sky box with it then it will be fine

coylemj wrote: »

No, I mean it will work. Of course it will work. Why wouldn't it? The fact that it may or may not get saorview is not reliant on weather the TV will work or not. You could plug something in it and get a program of sorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

kleefarr wrote: »
    No, I mean it will work. Of course it will work. Why wouldn't it? The fact that it may or may not get saorview is not reliant on weather the TV will work or not. You could plug something in it and get a program of sorts.

She specifically asked would it receive saorview

efb wrote: »
    She specifically asked would it receive saorview
    ..like..
    Might have missed that.

• Advertisement

She was highlighting her requirements- figure of speech

It's either a tv or a monitor with scart input

hi every one
    OP here !
    I do not want to have extra boxes or connections to convert.
    I want a Seor view TV , smart, Full HD, One that gets RTE television stations & radio too.
    I see now a Freeview wont do that.

I got a new TV a few months ago but it fell over and broke so my budget was not able to pay for a new one, as that took months to save for. So as I have a Littlewoods account with nothing owed on it and actually some money pain in' in advance of thinking of buying a tv, I thought I could get one there and I get a 10% or 20% promo code and get a good deal. but if it does not do all those little things like I want it, it is as good as a monitor or even the "new" broken 32" one stuffed behind the couch !!!

broke & single !
    ps --- whats that website that was on the news were girls ask guys to pay for stuff !!! hahaha

hi every one
    OP here !
    I do not want to have extra boxes or connections to convert.
    I want a Seor view TV , smart, Full HD, One that gets RTE television stations & radio too.
    I see now a Freeview wont do that.

I got a new TV a few months ago but it fell over and broke so my budget was not able to pay for a new one, as that took months to save for. So as I have a Littlewoods account with nothing owed on it and actually some money pain in' in advance of thinking of buying a tv, I thought I could get one there and I get a 10% or 20% promo code and get a good deal. but if it does not do all those little things like I want it, it is as good as a monitor or even the "new" broken 32" one stuffed behind the couch !!!

broke & single !
    ps --- whats that website that was on the news were girls ask guys to pay for stuff !!! hahaha

Send us on the link we can confirm if it will work with saorview

Freeview HD TVs ARE compatable with Saorview

The one I was looking at is out of Stock now !!
    is that a sign or what. ok I will look and see what else I might like.
    going to go into town now and see what's available in the Shops.

Advertisement