Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too many login failures, account locked - chrome mobile

Options
  • 04-11-2015 11:38pm
    Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭

On android, using chrome browser im getting an error message {"error","login failed. please try again"}, but when I select "Request Desktop site" I get the regular boards homepage. I then hit login and login with my credentials but I get an error message.
    "Too many login failures. Your account has been locked. Please reset your password to continue."

Obviously my account isnt locked, since im logged in and posting this, but something going on with my touch.boards.ie.

I loaded up touch.boards.ie in dolphin browser and logged in ok. I loaded up touch.boards.ie in an incognito window in chrome browser too, and that loaded fine, but when I tried to login I got the above error message.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's no account locking, there never has been either. Can you post screenshots, or Firebug logs of the responses (not the POST request)?

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Here's some screenshots:
    2015%2B-%2B1

2015%2B-%2B1

Not sure about getting firebug responses since its my mobile thats causing the problems. Suggestions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There is a function that blocks further login attempts after 5 failed attempts. It's not the same as locking an account, I wonder if the touch version has either a different interpretation or poor wording of this.

Spear wrote: »
    There is a function that blocks further login attempts after 5 failed attempts. It's not the same as locking an account, I wonder if the touch version has either a different interpretation or poor wording of this.

Maybe. I cant say I regularly type my password in. All my devices auto login.

Whats odd is, the desktop version works fine, so there's no "lock" on my account (unless its touch specific).

Seems to have fixed itself. Thanks anyways.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement