Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog keeps taking bedding from kennel and sleeping rough

• 05-11-2015 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭

She's a 7 month old lab. Had a nice waterproof bed in her kennel which she kept taking out and eventually ripped it. Gave her a few more temporary things to sleep on while that dries out, but she keeps taking them out during the day (guessing she gets bored when nobody is home) but then she cries when she has no bed to sleep on because they get wet.

Will I just leave her be, let her suit herself? I see her now she's sleeping outside on a concrete slab now. She could go into her bed-less kennel though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭GardeningGirl

Hi. Poor pup
    Try bedding her on straw.
    It's cheap, clean and lovely n cosy :)
    Dogs love it in my experience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

She's a 7 month old lab. Had a nice waterproof bed in her kennel which she kept taking out and eventually ripped it. Gave her a few more temporary things to sleep on while that dries out, but she keeps taking them out during the day (guessing she gets bored when nobody is home) but then she cries when she has no bed to sleep on because they get wet.

Will I just leave her be, let her suit herself? I see her now she's sleeping outside on a concrete slab now. She could go into her bed-less kennel though.

Try removing them during the day and giving her toys to play with if she's bored. Either that or let her sleep indoors. It's getting pretty cold for a puppy to be sleeping outdoors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

My old guy used to pull any loose bedding out of his kennel too. The solution was to buy the biggest plastic round bed that would fit the kennel, put blankets in it and put the whole thing into a pillow case. He wasn't able to pull the plastic bed out the door or able to get into the pillow case to pull the blanket out. He was small though so curled up nicely in this size set up, a lab puppy isn't going to fit into a pillow case sized bed but you might work out something similar.

Advertisement