Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonakilty Marathon

Options
  • 05-11-2015 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi, Im itching to run a Marathon before new year and looking at Clonakilty Marathon next Month.how hilly is the course compared to DCM Route? Very little info online so looking for some details.what is the average number of runners each year? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭netmann

Glonass wrote: »
    Hi, Im itching to run a Marathon before new year and looking at Clonakilty Marathon next Month.how hilly is the course compared to DCM Route? Very little info online so looking for some details.what is the average number of runners each year? Thanks in advance

Found this on their FB page. Looks like a decent hill around 18 mile mark.
    https://connect.garmin.com/course/10987433

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Does the course not continually loop? I think it did last year and then you constantly cross the people in the Half?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

aquinn wrote: »
    Does the course not continually loop? I think it did last year and then you constantly cross the people in the Half?

Not any more. They changed it again (they've changed the course every year so far )

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Fiftyplus

Glonass, I would say it is definitely tougher than DCM but very scenic. I did it in 2013, gave it a miss last year because of the new course but am back again this year because the course is similar to the original. Stiffest hill now seemingly comes at mile 18 as opposed to 20 in 2013. Good atmosphere around the town and I would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Glonass

Fiftyplus wrote: »
    Glonass, I would say it is definitely tougher than DCM but very scenic. I did it in 2013, gave it a miss last year because of the new course but am back again this year because the course is similar to the original. Stiffest hill now seemingly comes at mile 18 as opposed to 20 in 2013. Good atmosphere around the town and I would recommend.

Thank you! Earlier post of another user's Garmin data is very useful with Elevation info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement