Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EI after moving back to Europe

Options
  • 05-11-2015 8:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

So I was made redundant from my Canadian company a couple of months ago. It took 6 weeks but I eventually started getting EI. I found it horrendously expensive to live on EI (tried to supplement it with part-time work and also tried full-time jobs, applied for over 250 positions, all types of work) and with Canada now in recession, I decided to move back to Europe. I informed Service Canada and they said because I've applied for so many Canadian jobs, and if I'm still interested in them, I may be eligible for EI while living in Europe. I'm very surprised. Has anyone had this/heard of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I highly doubt they will continue paying, my mother was on EI and came to visit me in ireland for 3 weeks and they were looking for her to pay back those 3 weeks as she wasn't available for work

Advertisement