Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Technician course near Kilkenny?

• 05-11-2015 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Everyone,

currently living in France, I've been offered a job in Kilkenny and my wife and I are planning to move by the end of this year. My wife thinks it could be a good opportunity for her to start a professional accounting course there, evening class. We first thought about ACCA, but we coudn't find any course provider near Kilkenny. Then it appeared that ATI could be a good alternative since it provides equivalency for ACCA F1 to 4 papers and ATI website mentions the Ormonde College in Kilkenny as licensed part time course provider. However we struggle to find clear information (for ex. the Ormonde College website doesn't mention any ATI evening course this year...). So we would like to know:

1. if there is an ACCA course provide near Kilkenny?
    2. if the Ormonde College really provides ATI evening course (year 1 and 2)?
    3. what would be the best other option?

If you have any thoughts on this matter I would be glad to hear them.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Have you thought about distance learning? I'm currently studying for a degree in languages with Open University.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Davifr

Thanks for your answer. Yes we thought about it, and we already investigated the online tuition providers for ACCA (Kaplan, etc...). I understand the Open University works in the same way (distance, online)...

But she thinks the best way to keep motivated is to attend a full time or part time course in a regular class, so that's what we are looking for right now. Of course we always keep in mind the distance solution if nothing else works.

Advertisement