Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estatements on closed account

Options
  • 05-11-2015 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

I have recently switched my current account away from BOI

However I now cannot access the e-statements on the closed account

The very unhelpful lady on the phone service (when i eventually got to talk to a human being after a lot of menus) says that i would have to order duplicate statements

I do not see why i should have to pay yet more fees to access documents which i already had on my online account

I still have 365online access to see my savings account and credit card, but the estatement section has had all of the statements relating to my current acount moved

She did say that a 'closing statement' will issue, but i am guessing this will only show the transactions from the date of the last estatement in September until the account was closed last week

How am i supposed to access my data for older periods

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

I have recently switched my current account away from BOI

However I now cannot access the e-statements on the closed account

The very unhelpful lady on the phone service (when i eventually got to talk to a human being after a lot of menus) says that i would have to order duplicate statements

I do not see why i should have to pay yet more fees to access documents which i already had on my online account

I still have 365online access to see my savings account and credit card, but the estatement section has had all of the statements relating to my current acount moved

She did say that a 'closing statement' will issue, but i am guessing this will only show the transactions from the date of the last estatement in September until the account was closed last week

How am i supposed to access my data for older periods
    Hi Gaillimh1976,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

We’re sorry to hear your unhappy, however as the account is closed this would mean that the e-satements for this account are no longer available to view on 365 Online.

Your closing statement will be an up to date statement from the date of the last statement issued up to the date the account was closed. 

If you require copy of statements already issued on your account you’ll need to order duplicate statements. To do this please call BOI Direct on 0818365365 select option 1 then the * key and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Tara C 

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Tara C

Will the closing statement be from the date of the last paper statement or e-statement ?

I only ever got an e-statement for last year, nothing on paper

Will I now have to pay a fee to retrieve information which I should already have access to ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Tara C

Will the closing statement be from the date of the last paper statement or e-statement ?

I only ever got an e-statement for last year, nothing on paper

Will I now have to pay a fee to retrieve information which I should already have access to ?
    Hi,

The closing statement will be an up to date statement from the last e-statement issued on your bank account.

There is a charge when ordering duplicate statements, the charge is €3.80 for the first page of the statement and €2.50 for every other page.

Thank you,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭OU812

There is a charge when ordering duplicate statements, the charge is €3.80 for the first page of the statement and €2.50 for every other page.
    BUT...

If you do a Standard Access Request for the princely sum of just €6.35, they're legally obliged under the data protection act to provide you with absolutely everything they have on you, this will include all statements as well as communications but internal & external.  They have 40 days to send provide it to you.

Further info HERE

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

^never realised that! Thanks :) 

• Advertisement
Advertisement