Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Customers (who use 365) to be moved automatically to EStatements from November

Options
  • 05-11-2015 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I just got a note with my paper statements for both Bank of Ireland accounts saying all customers will be moved to estatements automatically from November if they are registered for 365 online. (which I am)

Is there any way I can avoid this as I would like to continue to recieve the paper statements?

There is no mention of cancelling the automatic move to estatements when I login to Banking 365 in the Manage Accounts -> Manage Statements section.

Thanks in advance,
    P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

podgesax wrote: »
    I just got a note with my paper statements for both Bank of Ireland accounts saying all customers will be moved to estatements automatically from November if they are registered for 365 online. (which I am)

Is there any way I can avoid this as I would like to continue to recieve the paper statements?

There is no mention of cancelling the automatic move to estatements when I login to Banking 365 in the Manage Accounts -> Manage Statements section.

Thanks in advance,
    P.
    Hi Podgesax,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

All customers using 365 Online will automatically be moved over to e-statements however if you’d prefer to continue to receive paper statements you can simply request to change back to paper statements via 365 Online. 

To request to change back please select Manage accounts then select Manage statements.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 39 podgesax

Hi Tara,
    As I said in my original post there's no mention of the automatic change in the "Manage Accounts -> Manage Statements" section of 365 online. (please see the screenshot from my last login attached)

Can you please clarify:
    • when the automatic move to estatements will take place?
    • if the automatic move will be reflected immediately in the 'manage accounts-> manage statements section' of 365 online?
    • if there is there any way to avoid the automatic move to estatements other than logging in to 365 every day for the next month, checking to see when the automatic change has been made and then manually setting it back to paper statements?
    [*]
    Many thanks,
    P.

Thanks in advance,
    P.
    Hi Podgesax,

All customers using 365 Online will automatically be moved over to e-statements however if you’d prefer to continue to receive paper statements you can simply request to change back to paper statements via 365 Online. 

To request to change back please select Manage accounts then select Manage statements.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Tara C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi Tara,
    As I said in my original post there's no mention of the automatic change in the "Manage Accounts -> Manage Statements" section of 365 online. (please see the screenshot from my last login attached)

Can you please clarify:
    • if the automatic move will be reflected immediately in the 'manage accounts-> manage statements section' of 365 online?
    • if there is there any way to avoid the automatic move to estatements other than logging in to 365 every day for the next month, checking to see when the automatic change has been made and then manually setting it back to paper statements?

[*]
    Many thanks,
    P.

Thanks in advance,
    P.
    Hi Podgesax,

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Tara C
    [*]
    Hi Podgesax,

In answer to your above questions, the change will take place on the 26th of November, as this is an automatic change it can’t be avoided however you’ll have an option to request to change back to paper statements from that date.

As mentioned to change back to paper statements you need select Manage accounts then Manage statements.

Thank you,

Tara C

Hi Tara,

Can you please clarify:

[*]
    Many thanks,
    P.

Thanks in advance,
    P.
    Hi Podgesax,

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Tara C

[*]
    Hi Podgesax,

In answer to your above questions, the change will take place on the 26th of November, as this is an automatic change it can’t be avoided however you’ll have an option to request to change back to paper statements from that date.

As mentioned to change back to paper statements you need select Manage accounts then Manage statements.

Thank you,

Tara C
    [*]
    HI there,
    I got yet another leaflet from BOI today again informing me that I'm to be automatically moved to estatements. It is now the 3rd of December and I'm still on paper statements . (please see the image attached)

Can you clarify if the automatic change to estatements on the 26th November that you mentioned previously actually took place or not?

Is there any way for costumers to confirm when the automatic change will occur short of logging in to 365 everyday and scrolling to the Manage Accounts -> Manage Statements section?

Many thanks,
    P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi P, 

Thanks for providing that screen shot, any one who did not request to be moved back to paper statements would now be on eStatements since 26/11/2015. This image provided would indicate that you are now registered for paper statements. If you do want to stay on paper statements you do not need to do anything. We will not switch you back again unless you request this, so there is no need to check every day.  

If you do decide to switch to eStatements however, you can do this by selecting the button on the left under eStatements-as it appears in your image provided.

I hope this answers your query fully, but if you do have any further queries please let us know.

Thanks, 

Evie 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Tow

Can you clarify if the automatic change to estatements on the 26th November that you mentioned previously actually took place or not?

I just checked my accounts and it would appear that the change did not happen.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Tow wrote: »

I just checked my accounts and it would appear that the change did not happen.
    Hi Tow,

This switch over was scheduled to happen on 26/11/2015 but this was postponed until a later date

Many Thanks, 

Evie 

Will there be a charge for getting paper statements?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Will there be a charge for getting paper statements?????
    Hi Enfilade, 

Thanks for getting in touch.

There's no charge to receive an up to date paper statement. If you wish to order a duplicate statement, the charge is €3.80 for the first page and €2.50 for each additional page.

Just to mention, if you're registered for eStatements these will available to view and print from February 2012 (or from the date your account was opened if opened after this date) to your latest statement. 

We hope this helps and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Any idea what the 'later date' is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Morning Delta2113, thanks for posting.

There's no date confirmed yet but its likely to be early 2016 and we should have more details shortly after Christmas.

If you've any other questions please let me know, thanks.

Nicola

There's no date confirmed yet but its likely to be early 2016 and we should have more details shortly after Christmas.

Nicola
    Despite my best efforts on this forum. I was automatically moved to e statements against my will. Is there anyway to prevent any future automatic changes short of logging in to 365 everyday and scrolling to the Manage Accounts -> Manage Statements section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Nicola
    Despite my best efforts on this forum. I was automatically moved to e statements against my will. Is there anyway to prevent any future automatic changes short of logging in to 365 everyday and scrolling to the Manage Accounts -> Manage Statements section?
    Hi Podgesax,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

If you would prefer to receive your statements by post you can amend this while logged into Banking 365 Online. Please select Manage Accounts from the menu on the left hand side and then Statement Delivery Preference, here you can select your accounts you wish to amend.

If there's anything else we can help you with please don’t hesitate in contacting us again.

Have a good day.

Helen

Advertisement