Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at the airport?

Options
  • 05-11-2015 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'm away for a holiday on Saturday (can someone water the cat?) and just after booking my airport parking as always, but it brought to mind a question I keep meaning to ask. I nearly always park in the Express Red carpark, and every time I'm heading there (generally around 6am) there are cars parked outside of the carpark, along the left hand kerb as you pass the old terminal. Now and then there's space there too, and I wonder if these are people who were planning on heading to the Express Red, paying the walk-up charges, but managed to snag a free spot.

I can't imagine these are left alone by the airport police for very long, so maybe it's just people dropping off people, or picking up or something, but it seems fairly fraught to hope there's free space there and hope you don't get tagged or impounded if it's not legal to park there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

They might belong to airport staff.

It's unfunny and unfair to refer to the people who are employed to prevent inconsiderate asses from clogging up the road thoroughfares at the airport as Nazis. Imagine the situation if there were no airport police.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Hmm, fair point about the staff cars. I've never noticed signage or anything indicating those cars are staff only (like a badge on the windscreen) but then it's generally dark when I'm going past and I'm in a hurry. But yeah, it's possible it's staff, although they do have their own parking section literally 100m from there. Anyhoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Its staff working out of the old terminal & even at that we only leave our cars there if we're coming and going - anything longer and we have a separate car park.

I too take great umbrage at your choice of words, please edit the post, Airport Police do a great job of ensuring your safety and keeping the traffic flowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

so how are you going to water the cat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Andip wrote: »
    Its staff working out of the old terminal & even at that we only leave our cars there if we're coming and going - anything longer and we have a separate car park.

I too take great umbrage at your choice of words, please edit the post, Airport Police do a great job of ensuring your safety and keeping the traffic flowing.

haha airport police in cork have the cushiest job in the world it's not like its a busy airport or anything, anytime i'm there they are just walking around.

Don't think i could ever do that job the boredom would do my head in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

There has been an '88 Skoda sitting in that car park for years, looks like it's in use though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

We use CAPS . Cork airports parking service .. Very efficient . €5 per day . They are located in the business park inside the airport grounds . They drop you to the terminal door and collect you when you arrive . Book online before you arrive to drop your car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

We use CAPS . Cork airports parking service .. Very efficient . €5 per day . They are located in the business park inside the airport grounds . They drop you to the terminal door and collect you when you arrive . Book online before you arrive to drop your car

Second this, used them this weekend they are top notch and cheaper

Advertisement