Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenmount

Options
  • 05-11-2015 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Just wondering what the Greenmont area is like?

Would people recommend it as an area to live.

There is a girl from work who is moving to Cork and she has found a house share.

Thanks
    Barr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

Grand settled area afaik. Close to town!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Not as trendy as some areas, but rents might be better as a result.

Close to town etc which is handy.

Parking should be ok, but she'll need to apply for a resident's permit if there's no OFP. Decent bus routes close by I'd say.

Where's work? (What part of town?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

blindsider wrote: »
    Where's work? (What part of town?)

It will be the South Mall , she will probably need to get a bus if its not walking distance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Barr wrote: »
    It will be the South Mall , she will probably need to get a bus if its not walking distance
    Have you looked at it on a map? Barely a 10 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

TheChizler wrote: »
    Have you looked at it on a map? Barely a 10 minute walk.

I thought it was further out for some reason. 10 minutes is very central.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Barr wrote: »
    I thought it was further out for some reason. 10 minutes is very central.

I was actually talking to a guy in a coffee shop the other day who lives there. He walks into the Mall in 7 minutes. Says it's faster than the bus most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Great location for walking to the Sth Mall.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Kip of a place lived there once-lots of youngfellas in tracksuits and white socks around the place.Have moved since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

ROY RACE wrote: »
    Kip of a place lived there once-lots of youngfellas in tracksuits and white socks around the place.Have moved since.

Id rather them than junkies any day!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

In Greenmount? Lots of elderly people more like!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭etoughguy

What part? I wouldn't consider Greenmount in those terms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

I'd say you're thinking of somewhere a bit south of greenmount.. Noonan Rd and Gregg rd? that aint greenmount.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I live less than five minutes from Greenmount and you couldn't be more wrong. What your saying might be true of Greenmount 20-30 years ago, but certainly not nowadays.

I have family living there and its a predominantly elderly area, particularly around Friars Walk and Desmond Square. Very little children around, let alone the tracksuited yobs as you describe.

Seems to be a very quiet area. Wouldn't say its the trendiest area, or the most aesthetically pleasing area of houses, but rough it ain't.

Doesn't have much amenities wise but when your less than 10 mins on foot from town who cares?

Advertisement