Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance queries

Options
  • 05-11-2015 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

My partner and in the process of separating and have two young children together. She is currently on a disability payment and I am in receipt of a research scholarship. My scholarship is 875EUR per month and her disability payment is currently being reduced as a result. She also receives rent allowance.
    I will be paying rent of 400EUR per month in my new place which includes all bills. I estimate food and other costs to be around 50EUR per week. I also want to continue to supporting my kids so at the moment I had planed to pay car insurance and a few other bills that are already in my name which will come to around 180EUR per month.
    I have heard that the social welfare will reduce her payment depending on the amount of maintenance I pay, so I'm wondering should I pay some bills informally and offer to pay a nominal maintenance payment more officially. I am going to struggle financially to pay what I intend to and I want to ensure that my ex is not penalised for the money that I give in which case my struggle will seem even more futile.
    Any help in relation to this would be greatly appreciated. The information online complicated and at the moment my head is really not in the right place to deal with it.

Comments

Advertisement