Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€550 Gaming Build

Options
  • 05-11-2015 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hello all.

I've been doing some research on possible gaming builds around €550 (well, €558 in this case because of shipping) and with some extensive research on the components, this is the build that was possible on the budget:

CPU - Intel Core i3-4170 3.70GHz @ €128.30
    GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB @ €130.01
    Motherboard - MSI H81M-P33 S1150 Intel H81 DDR3 @ €47.72
    SSD - Sandisk 120 GB Plus SATA 6GB/s 2.5" @ €48.80
    RAM - Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) HyperX Fury White Series 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 @ €49.65
    PSU - Corsair 500W Builder Series CX 80+ Bronze ATX Power Supply @ €58.58
    Case - BitFenix Neos White/Blue €43.13 (Personal Preference :P)
    M/KB - CoolerMaster CM Storm Devastator Keyboard & Mouse @ €41.93

Total with shipping = €558.10

I'm just looking to get some feedback with this system, spec wise. I should note the main purpose of this build is to play Counter-Strike: GO @ 900/1080p with high/maxed out settings.

As for the 2nd additional HDD, it won't be required until mid/late 2016; hence the SSD preference (Windows 7 Ultimate, Steam, CSGO, VLC, some smaller applications).

Ideally hoping to get it ordered by the end of the month, fingers crossed. So yeah, uh:

Feedback? Are all the parts 100% compatible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Tcjmcd wrote: »
    Hello all.

I've been doing some research on possible gaming builds around €550 (well, €558 in this case because of shipping) and with some extensive research on the components, this is the build that was possible on the budget:

CPU - Intel Core i3-4170 3.70GHz @ €128.30
    GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB @ €130.01
    Motherboard - MSI H81M-P33 S1150 Intel H81 DDR3 @ €47.72
    SSD - Sandisk 120 GB Plus SATA 6GB/s 2.5" @ €48.80
    RAM - Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) HyperX Fury White Series 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 @ €49.65
    PSU - Corsair 500W Builder Series CX 80+ Bronze ATX Power Supply @ €58.58
    Case - BitFenix Neos White/Blue €43.13 (Personal Preference :P)
    M/KB - CoolerMaster CM Storm Devastator Keyboard & Mouse @ €41.93

Total with shipping = €558.10

I'm just looking to get some feedback with this system, spec wise. I should note the main purpose of this build is to play Counter-Strike: GO @ 900/1080p with high/maxed out settings.

As for the 2nd additional HDD, it won't be required until mid/late 2016; hence the SSD preference (Windows 7 Ultimate, Steam, CSGO, VLC, some smaller applications).

Ideally hoping to get it ordered by the end of the month, fingers crossed. So yeah, uh:

Feedback? Are all the parts 100% compatible?

Everything is fine, if anything you could cut the power supply down to 400W to save some money, but 500W makes the system easily upgradable down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tcjmcd

mad turnip wrote: »
    Everything is fine, if anything you could cut the power supply down to 400W to save some money, but 500W makes the system easily upgradable down the line.

I had got the 430W PSU in the build but after some careful consideration, opted for 500W just to be safe.

As for the compatibility, thank you. I'll be showing the build later to my father to get his final input on it, cost and components wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Realistically it's perfect, it can't be improved unless you up the budget. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Tcjmcd wrote: »
    I had got the 430W PSU in the build but after some careful consideration, opted for 500W just to be safe.

As for the compatibility, thank you. I'll be showing the build later to my father to get his final input on it, cost and components wise.

I built my 1st computer recently and used a 430 watt PSU. Its perfect for the moment as im only using the gtx 950. But if i want to upgrade to the 970 il also have to upgrade the PSU. In hindsight I should have went with the 500 watt PSU just to "future proof" it and save a a few quid when I upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

A 970 will run on a 430w

• Advertisement

pcuser wrote: »
    I built my 1st computer recently and used a 430 watt PSU. Its perfect for the moment as im only using the gtx 950. But if i want to upgrade to the 970 il also have to upgrade the PSU. In hindsight I should have went with the 500 watt PSU just to "future proof" it and save a a few quid when I upgrade.

Firstly, I hope your build is going well so far, no issues at all.

I pretty much will be mostly playing anything valve made so the 500W should do me fine for the mean time. Anything else can be played via the PS4.

This'll stand up to a PS4 performance wise, I wouldn't shy away from switching in your shoes. Steam sales etc.

This'll stand up to a PS4 performance wise, I wouldn't shy away from switching in your shoes. Steam sales etc.

Heh, hopefully. I was hoping to pick up Fallout 4 for the sake of modding and well, better FPS. Just 1 question, out of general curiosity:

The RAM is clocked at 1866MHz but the board only supports 1600 max. Will the motherboard automatically clock down the ram or will that have to be done manually through the BIOs?

The motherboard will knock it down for you

The motherboard will knock it down for you

Thanks for the quick response.

The reasoning behind the question was due to mixed answers from google, some people insisted that the MB wouldn't lower the clock and that it would cause issues overall.

• Advertisement

Well it should I'm fairly sure :pac:

Can't you change for 1600mhz RAM to not have to worry?

The budget on the build is extremely tight + strangely, the 1600MHz is more expensive than the 1866, in the same product line?

Try Crucial Ballistix Sport, its normally cheap

Checked out the pricing of it and it is just over €1 cheaper than the fury ram... I'll most likely just keep the Fury in considering the extra speed for the eventual MB upgrade in the future.

Thanks again! I'm looking forward to building it.

Advertisement