Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specific albums not copying to iPhone

• 05-11-2015 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have an iPhone 6 and am running iTunes on a Mac, all using the latest available versions of the software /OS.

I'm having a strange issue where specific albums are refusing to copy to the iPhone.

There is plenty of space on the phone. I have tried over both WiFi and a lightening cable. The albums are both imported into iTunes from discs so it shouldn't be an apple account issue.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Are they definitely in the correct file format, and definitely on the Mac, not stored in the cloud?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Zcott wrote: »
    Are they definitely in the correct file format, and definitely on the Mac, not stored in the cloud?

Everything is normal in that regard.

In fact previously had the albums in question on my phone then deleted them to clear space and am now trying to add them back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Are you subscribed to Apple Music?

Are you subscribed to Apple Music?

I am not, the music I am trying to transfer is ripped from cd, saved to the Mac HDD and not tied to any particular account / subscription service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I've had that problem in the past with albums I've previously deleted from a device and am trying to add back on. From memory I did a few things like a hard reset of the iPhone, updated iTunes, restarted the PC and changed the artist/album name slightly (I think even a slight change like an extra space or a full stop would be fine) and one of those worked, though I'm not sure which.

• Advertisement

Found a solution myself last night.

Connected the iPhone to my Mac, selected it from the device list, then choose the music on the device.

The albums I wanted to transfer were listed but greyed out, like they were pending transfer.

I highlighted the greyed out tracks and deleted them, then tried to transfer from the iTunes library again and this time it worked!

Advertisement