Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: Tonic League, New Season, Clubs Available

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Flamengo 0 - 2 Sáo Paulo

I put a fada on the á instead of an accent to demonstrate the Irish Connection :pac:

Goals from Ganso and Sakho (Ganso told me not to get used to it)

First team is not so bad considering we've just started. But the second string are stinking up the place with their 80 -82 ratings :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Colking wrote: »
    Flamengo 0 - 2 Sáo Paulo

I put a fada on the á instead of an accent to demonstrate the Irish Connection :pac:

Goals from Ganso and Sakho (Ganso told me not to get used to it)

First team is not so bad considering we've just started. But the second string are stinking up the place with their 80 -82 ratings :(

You're second team have ratings from 80-82?

My own second team's ratings are about 70-72! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wilberto wrote: »
    You're second team have ratings from 80-82?

My own second team's ratings are about 70-72! :pac:

Still beats my first team ha

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

So playing a team with pool players after the weekend is not a good move!!! Lost 7-1 to Brugge. They had 7 shots and scored 7!! Firmino and Miller tore us apart. Muller was also sent off. Def goes into the could do better category!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

The match ended 2 - 2 between SC Internacional and Flamengo in their Division 2 fixture.
    Cheryshev and Shatov were amongst the goalscorers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

lets just focus on the fact that i won my previous game 11-0 ... thats all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Ha! I was playing with my squad earlier and saved my first team squad, and then saved my youth team lineup. I then forgot to load the first team lineup back in! My youth teams average rating is 74, and average age is 18. It was so close to being embarrassing for LA Galaxy though, especially considering it was in LA!
    Estudiantes de LP lost 4 - 2 to Los Angeles Galaxy in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.
    Borthwick-jackson and Testa were amongst the goalscorers.

Corinthians 0 - 2 Sáo Paulo

It was a nervous night for the Sao Paulo players as their leader Pato was playing against his club and no-one was sure how that would go :pac:

In the end he was worth of his 8 but out of respect for his parent club he refused to score or assist !

Manager Colking rests easy for another weekend knowing he won't be lynched by the tika-taka crazy Sáo Paulo ultras.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

thisyear wrote: »
    So playing a team with pool players after the weekend is not a good move!!! Lost 7-1 to Brugge. They had 7 shots and scored 7!! Firmino and Miller tore us apart. Muller was also sent off. Def goes into the could do better category!!!

Not gonna lie, I thought I was seeing things. Every shot on target went in!!

Club Brugge KV hammered Atletico Mineiro 7-1 in their Division 1 fixture. Emenike scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance. Durm and Milner were also amongst the goalscorers.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Competition Message

Flamengo outclassed Celtic and beat them 3 - 2 in their Division 2 fixture.

Turan scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Suárez and Guilavogui were also amongst the goalscorers.

First win, phew

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

First loss, end of my good start, and still a few players to finish the squad, but no money....

How often is Sturridge injured in this GW? ... Just wondering ;)

Sáo Paulo 0 - 2 FK Partizan

Terrible loss for Sáo Paulo who didn't seem to get out of the starting gate at all. The superior firepower of FK was just too much for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Sáo Paulo 0 - 2 FK Partizan

Terrible loss for Sáo Paulo who didn't seem to get out of the starting gate at all. The superior firepower of FK was just too much for them.

Delighted with my start to the season so far. Only downside has been signing Kenedy as my 4th choice striker, but he got a position change to left back today! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Who needs superstars?

FC Kaiserslautern beat Brighton and Hove Albion 3 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Klose scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Barzagli and De Guzmán were also amongst the goalscorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

JamboMac wrote: »
    Who needs superstars?

FC Kaiserslautern beat Brighton and Hove Albion 3 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Klose scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Barzagli and De Guzmán were also amongst the goalscorers.

In totally unrelated news....

Robert Lewandowski will be for sale once his TB expires :D

not able to do back to back wins ...

RSC Anderlecht slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat against São Paulo FC in their Division 2 fixture.
    Meyer was on the scoresheet for his side.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    not able to do back to back wins ...

RSC Anderlecht slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat against São Paulo FC in their Division 2 fixture.
    Meyer was on the scoresheet for his side.

Hard luck, I'm also finding it very hard to get any momentum going. I'm especially not looking forward to the end of Pato's loan from Corinthians :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Hard luck, I'm also finding it very hard to get any momentum going. I'm especially not looking forward to the end of Pato's loan from Corinthians :eek:

I need all the help I can get at the minute :o

Estudiantes de LP beat Werder Bremen 2 - 0 in their TONIC WINE Cup Round 1 fixture.
    Bentley had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Crowley and Yeboah were amongst the goalscorers.

Go on Daniel Bentley ya legend. 78 rated keeper? You should be 95! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lost 3-1 too Sao Paulo and Harry Kane out seriously injured... FFS!!! Stupid new game engine!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lost 3-1 too Sao Paulo and Harry Kane out seriously injured... FFS!!! Stupid new game engine!

Hard luck, losing a big player like that this early in the gameworld is very tough.

I am happy that the lads have strung 2 games together though.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I got very excited about winning 4-0, then I realised I was playing the fake Boca Juniors :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

It's going to be hard to make money in this gw with the new GUI.

I used to like how some players were valued less then the chairman's value, so it was fun buying and selling to make a few quid.

Its guess buying risers will be the only way to make money now.

tonic wine wrote: »
    It's going to be hard to make money in this gw with the new GUI.

I used to like how some players were valued less then the chairman's value, so it was fun buying and selling to make a few quid.

Its guess buying risers will be the only way to make money now.

To be honest I hate the new GUI. I used to be able to get on for 5 mins and manage 7 teams. Now it takes ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Club Brugge KV win again to stay top!! Club Brugge KV 3-1 Kaiserslautern. A brace from Walcott and another for top scorer Emenike. All is well at the Jan Breydel Stadion :)

Gold Mngt ran out and I was stripped of Sao Paulo

I swear Dougal that money was just "resting" in my account :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Sh!t !!! forgot to change my team from the shield and lost 4-0 to Stuttgart

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Second piece of silverware of the season for Corinthians:D

Id say Internationals Manager is sick of the sight of us, could meet in the playoffs soon aswell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

How do you make money in this league can't scrape together any money with a very low rated wage bill compared to some.

Advertisement