Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: Tonic League, New Season, Clubs Available

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Colking wrote: »
    Is there much of a difference in the prize money etc. between Div 1 and Div 2 ?

I think GT got 6M for 7th in Div 2 last season.
    I got about 12M for winning Div 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Only three points in it now after a 1-1 draw, 18 shots with only three on target

richieffff wrote: »
    Only three points in it now after a 1-1 draw, 18 shots with only three on target

Ibra must have been off in Vargas again, celebrating winning the league before the game :pac:

GD is worth another point ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I did my best to keep it exciting! :D

We're five points clear of fourth now. I can smell the Champions League from here now.

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]Cologne beat Real Madrid 5 - 4 in a thrilling SMFA Champions Cup Quarter Final Leg 1 encounter.[/font]
    [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Neymar was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.[/font]
    [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Higua n was also on the scoresheet for his side.[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

As we're posting European results:
    Estudiantes de LP beat Sevilla 1 - 0 in their SMFA Shield Semi Final Leg 1 fixture.
    Lampard scored the winner for Estudiantes de LP and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Unfortunately though :
    Andrea PIRLO is now suspended for 1 SMFA competition game after picking up 2 Yellow Cards in SMFA competitions

Looks like Rabiot will have to step up to the mark. Just as well he recently got a bump to 88!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Bloody player updates are not going well at kaiserslauten.

20 shots and zero goals, come on now lads

Boom! Champions League secured for next season with 2 games to spare! :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

20 shots and zero goals, come on now lads

Yeah my keeper had the game of his life it seems. Pity he was the only one who showed up!!

• Advertisement

Finished 6th with my rag tag team, hope I can add some players this season.

Yay winning the league has gotten me out of my crippling debt

SEASON 2 financial overview:

Season 2 went pretty much the same way as season 1, with 4 of the richest clubs taking up the top 5 positions. The over achievers this season go to Estudiantes, just two clubs below them in the valuations table, but managing to finish 3rd. Fair play. Another club standing out is Spartak Moskva, managing to increase the most in total value, by 45M, double the league average of 22M.

Div 1:

CLUB|Season 1: VALUE | POSITION| Season 2: VALUE| POSITION

Stuttgart |178.3M | 1st | 215M [+37M] | 2nd
    Internacional | 172M | 4th |199M [+27M] | 4th
    Club America | 145.2M | 2nd | 181M [+36M] | 1st
    Partizan | 134.3 | 2nd [P] | 171M [+37M] | 5th
    Spartak Moskva |154.0M | 3rd |199M [+45M] | 9th
    Cologne | 143.8M | 9th | 161M [+18M] | 11th
    Club Brugge KV | 152.0M | 5th |156M [+4M] | 10th
    Estudiantes | 114.9M | 8th | 124M [+10M] |3rd
    Tigres | 118.7M | 7th | 123M [+5M] | 8th
    Kaisersluutern | 85.1M | 11th | 85M [+0M] | 6th

Corinthians look like they are going to be a massive force in Div 1 next season. They are now the 2nd richest club in this GW, and added a staggering 45M in club total value last season. That's pretty amazing in all fairness, when you take into account, most clubs in division 2 made a loss.It was also the biggest gain between both divisions.
    Div 2:

CLUB|Season 1: VALUE | POSITION| Season 2: VALUE| POSITION
    Corinthians | 156.4M | 6th |205M [+49M] |1st [P]
    Flamengo | 153.8M | 5th | 166M [+13M] | 4th
    Anderlecht | 163.2M | 7th | 160M [-3M| 5th
    River plate | 153.8M | 11th |149M [-4M] | 6th
    Sao Paulo | 155M | 3rd | 147M [-8M] | 2nd [P]
    Newcastle | 144.6M | 13th [R] | 140M [-4M] | 3rd
    Seattle | 100.9M | 8th |112M [+12M] | 13th

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

When does the new season start?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    When does the new season start?

I don't know, our last friendly is Sunday, so I would guess Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Hoping to make a good impression in div2 in the new season.

Feel so outgunned in this league that update by soccer manager at the start of the first season made things very difficult. All current and future stars are signed so need a miracle.

Did the rules change? Can we only buy players of the same nationality as our club coz I keep getting this.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Did the rules change? Can we only buy players of the same nationality as our club coz I keep getting this.

Don't think so but i somehow lost out on a bid on Iniesta even though mine was of higher value :-(

Yeah I think something messed up I can sign some players who aren't the same nationality as mine and then other players of a different nationality as my club. I get message saying due to the extra custom rules of this game world you cannot bit on players of different nationality to your club.

• Advertisement

Don't think so but i somehow lost out on a bid on Iniesta even though mine was of higher value :-(

Think I had about 200k above you bid, can't believe how close we were

JamboMac wrote: »
    Yeah I think something messed up I can sign some players who aren't the same nationality as mine and then other players of a different nationality as my club. I get message saying due to the extra custom rules of this game world you cannot bit on players of different nationality to your club.

Alright I think it's the fact your not aloud buy from unmanaged clubs and it's saying wrong, will buying from unmanaged ever be turned on.

Think I had about 200k above you bid, can't believe how close we were

Really? maybe I miss calculated, thought you had bid more cash but I included players worth 1.1m aswell which I thought clinched it until I seen he signed for you.

Really? maybe I miss calculated, thought you had bid more cash but I included players worth 1.1m aswell which I thought clinched it until I seen he signed for you.

I bid 27,760,000
    Yours came to 27,589,000

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Colemania ....

PM over on SM! ;)

I bid 27,760,000
    Yours came to 27,589,000

Must have misread it! don't feel as bad about it now!

After bidding well over the odds for Sanchez as a result:o

4-0 win in the charity shield, Iniesta, Motta, Griezmann and Ibrahimovic providing the goals, and Navas with a penalty save

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

4-0 win in the charity shield, Iniesta, Motta, Griezmann and Ibrahimovic providing the goals, and Navas with a penalty save

Very nice win, good team there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Sorry guys but I have quit as Tigres UANL manager. 5 straight losses and a dwindling interest have taken its toll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

2 Straight losses to VFB Stuttgart ! I'll have to get my act together ;)

Advertisement