Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: Tonic League, New Season, Clubs Available

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Things ticking along at Flamengo nicely. Missed out on SMFA Shield glory last year on penalties but hoping to kick on this year. Moses, N'zonzi, Morata and Chiellini are my modest signings.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Somehow scraped a 5-3 win despite having to field a 65 rated goalie! :cool:

It was a thrilling encounter alright, the superior quality of your players in absolutely every other position proved too much for brave Sao Paulo in the end though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Something definitely messed up the charity shield match isn't until next week

I just looked at the schedule, 3 games in 4 days!!!
    What's that all about? As far as i know, the charity shield takes away from players match fitness?  Good luck with that.
    I'll have to buy a few 10k players to field a team.....

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]Corinthians were wound up last night, must be still sore losing out last season :P[/font]

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]The match ended 0 - 0 between VfB Stuttgart and Corinthians in their Division 1 fixture.[/font]

[font=Roboto, arial]It's a foul.
    [/font]
    [font=Roboto, arial]Free kick to VfB Stuttgart.
    [/font]
    [font=Roboto, arial]spacer.gif Red Card - PEPE is sent off.[/font]

[font=Roboto, arial] [/font]subon.gif[font=Roboto, arial](60)[/font][font=Roboto, arial] [/font][font=Roboto, arial]A LALLANA[/font]  

[font=Roboto, arial]LALLANA catches PJANIĆ with his elbow.
    [/font]
    [font=Roboto, arial]spacer.gif Red Card - The referee immediately shows LALLANA the red card.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Tackling was set to maim!!!

I now can barely field 11 fit players for tonight's shield match though

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Tackling was set to maim!!!

I now can barely field 11 fit players for tonight's shield match though

Go away outta that, don't believe it for a minute.
    My scouts report predicted what formation and starting line up your likely to play tonight.  
    It's a better team sheet then mine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Can we end the league now? After a 4-0 win over Fk Partizan, Kaiserslautern are top.

Looks like another cracking season in store with so many competitive teams

1 point from Flamengo's last two games is disappointing after winning the opening three. Hoping to challenge for the league this season after focusing on the cups last year.

Off the a bad start with two loses on the board already. On catch up mode for the rest of the season. Let's hope you all start beating each other :)

• Advertisement

Off the a bad start with two loses on the board already. On catch up mode for the rest of the season. Let's hope you all start beating each other :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

tonic wine wrote: »

Could be worse, I've registered a measly 1 point so far ;)

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]The match ended 1 - 1 between VfB Stuttgart and FK Partizan in their Division 1 fixture.[/font]
    [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Agüero scored the only goal for VfB Stuttgart and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.[/font]

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]Tough fixture last night, but a missed opportunity to bridge the gap at the top with Corinthians drawing, Club America taking advange moving up the table into 3rd.[/font]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm really sorry, but I think I've just lost interest in this league at the moment. I think it's just stemming from my lack of interest in the game overall and I feel I need to cut a few leagues some leagues are just more similar than others which is kinda why this hasn't made the cut.

I think there's going to be about two others at least that aren't going to make the cut either.

Very closely bunched between 2nd and 7th position.  Looks like Corinthians are running away with it this season on an unbeaten run.  Think i'll aim targets on a good cup run.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

13 straight wins and I'm still second

richieffff wrote: »
    13 straight wins and I'm still second

You Jose, you.:D

First chance of European glory for both teams in the SMFA champions cup final tomorrow night. Stuggart Vs Corinthians.

On past form, and season form, Stuggart are up against it, Corinthians having lost just 1 fixture all season, and are on track for a clean sweep of All trophies this season.

Some achievement to be honest.

First chance of European glory for both teams in the SMFA champions cup final tomorrow night. Stuggart Vs Corinthians.

On past form, and season form, Stuggart are up against it, Corinthians having lost just 1 fixture all season, and are on track for a clean sweep of All trophies this season.

Some achievement to be honest.

I was hoping the possible clean sweep would go under the radar till after the game!!! Hope my players can handle the extra pressure!!

Well done on ruining my perfect season ya bollox!

• Advertisement

After heartbreak in last years final, Flamengo have claimed the SMFA shield with a 2-1 victory over Roma

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]VfB [/font][font=Roboto, sans-serif]have been awarded £20,000,000 in prize money. :O8-)[/font]
    [font=Roboto, sans-serif]The champions cup is where it's at $$$$.  Roll on turn 1. [/font]
    GLaDOS wrote: »
    After heartbreak in last years final, Flamengo have claimed the SMFA shield with a 2-1 victory over Roma
    How much did you get for winning the Shield?

20m as well, plus a couple extra in attendance money :cool:

Sweet, especially in a GW where budgets need to be managed tightly.

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]VfB [/font][font=Roboto, sans-serif]have been awarded £20,000,000 in prize money. :O8-)[/font]
    [font=Roboto, sans-serif]The champions cup is where it's at $$$$.  Roll on turn 1. [/font]

How much did you get for winning the Shield?

Oh no feeling like David here with my budget 2.7 mil. Things are gonna get worse if the chairman doesn't start showing love or at least I need to increase ticket prices.

Stop bidding on my transfer targets :angry:

My chairman expects me to mount a series title challenge.

Very tough draw in the group stages of the champions cup:
    Real Madrid
    Man City
    Chelsea

Easy game to start kick off the season:
    Corinthians

Got no money, but at least I'm in a group by myself in the UEFA cup.

8 players out, 11 players in at Stuttgart.  I think that's me done for the season ahead.Improved my backline and depth of my sqaud go one better then Corinthians last season and try complete the clean sweep and win all cups lol
    I think the league will be very tight this season, with all teams starting to take shape.  It looks like who's attackers will build the best partnership 8-)
    Corinthians: Ronaldo, Saurez, Bale
    Club America: Ibra, Griezmann, Iniesta
    Flamengo: Reus, Icardi, Morata
    Stuttgart: Lewandowski, Hazzard, Aguero
    Internacional: Kane. Lukaku
    FK Partizan: Dybala, Koke, Brandt
    Spartak Moscow: Rorren Aubameyang,

Roll on 23rd April  8-)

• Advertisement

8 players out, 11 players in at Stuttgart.  I think that's me done for the season ahead.Improved my backline and depth of my sqaud go one better then Corinthians last season and try complete the clean sweep and win all cups lol
    I think the league will be very tight this season, with all teams starting to take shape.  It looks like who's attackers will build the best partnership 8-)
    Corinthians: Ronaldo, Saurez, Bale
    Club America: Ibra, Griezmann, Iniesta
    Flamengo: Reus, Icardi, Morata
    Stuttgart: Lewandowski, Hazzard, Aguero
    Internacional: Kane. Lukaku
    FK Partizan: Dybala, Koke, Brandt
    Spartak Moscow: Rorren Aubameyang,

Roll on 23rd April  8-)
    Gonna have to win now since I obviously don't have any notable strikers.:D

Advertisement