Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound wont work on pc

Options
  • 05-11-2015 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭

the sound will not work on my pc. it worked for a while last night and then cut out again. I checked device manager and it shows the sound card, realtek sound installed

please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

PTH2009 wrote: »
    the sound will not work on my pc. it worked for a while last night and then cut out again. I checked device manager and it shows the sound card, realtek sound installed

please help

Are you using speakers/headphones. Have you tried different speakers/heaphones? Is the audio jack on the front or back? It's possible your PC may have a two outputs (front and back). Have you performed any software updates recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kodistar

Hi there

Usully if sound doesnt work you could of either updated wrong drivers with windows update i recommend going to the drivers website and downloading them again then restart computer and see if that fixes them.

Advertisement