Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you having any difficulties with your phone provider?

Options
  • 05-11-2015 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

We have previously worked with the folks on RTÉ's Today Show on sourcing consumer issues that they may have been able to help with. They have come back to us again, this time looking for anyone who has had any kind of issue with the phone provider - be it contract related, service issues or incorrect repairs etc. If you're interested in talking with them and seeing if they can get you the result you need to fix the issue (and they assure me they have a very high success rate), then post below and I'll make arrangements to put you in touch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Not me per se, but all you have to do is take a look at the Talk to forums to find a litany of inexcusable service from any of the main providers. This thread in particular is interesting http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057450815/8 as Meteor have actually been found guilty of breaking the law yet seem to be doing nothing to remedy that situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hi there, thanks for that Time, but that doesn't help cause I'll be accused of all sorts if I approach the people on that thread :) Really need people to volunteer for this, pity no one seems to have spotted it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Is this phone only issues or they ok with Broadband issues too?
    If Broadband is also included then maybe post a sticky in Broadband forum, or if you'd rather not sticky it post and I'll post in the thread advising I've stuck it...so they can't accuse you of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Tis anything at all really, Vickie just started a thread under their Rep account's name to see if it gets any more interest :) If you wanted to post a sticky, that'd certainly be a big help.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 KidMeNotA1

I have tried TD's, local Co. Councilors , ComREg., after getting on to Vodafone about their horrible coverage in Donegal. A question was asked in the Dail on it due to a local TD. The reply was there was no intention of changing the law at the moment. It seems the only way is that ComReg has legal power to enforce. At present they can only try to solve the problem - a toothless guard dog, in effect. Vodafone know this, & say, in effect - 'too bad'. They have told me they have updated one of three masts in my area, but no plans to do any more. We, joe public, are left hanging due to no positive legislation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

I'm mid issue with vodafone at the minute regards mobile phone charges, they tell me they have no facility to deal with me over email or by post but I want a paper trail for the complaint as I'm getting no where. I'd absolutely be interested in speaking to somebody with some expert knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭2forjoy

I know someone with iDmobile and they havin problems - told it was a faulty sim card .

but this persons says there are many iD mobile customers with complaints , and that company only started about 6 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I'm one of the people who's been waiting since the original announcement of the EU court decision for meteor/eircom to allow cancellation of contracts, and they're blatantly disregarding the ruling. They've also clearly given misleading information to customers I response to questions on that thread, they've hidden the notice on their website, and they're not contacting affected customers directly, add they are required to do.

If this isn't a huge issue I don't know what is.

Edit: also, they're required to make available a cancellation form, which they are not doing, they are directing people to a phone line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

People aren't really volunteering if they're being asked for their problems.

Shouldn't the Consumer Show work on the basis that people come to them with their issues, rather than manufacture stories and then go find the people?

Advertisement