Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android development course

Options
  • 05-11-2015 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone recommend a good physical classroom based Android development course in Dublin or surrounding areas?

I work in IT and would know a fair bit of web development and have recently turned my focus to Android. I have have built a couple of apps after reading up on books and examples but I would like to take a night course or similar to fill in gaps and put some structure around my knowledge.

Any recommendations would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

There are plenty of online MOOCs you could sign up to. Courseara and Udacity have good courses, the former have good courses with Douglas Schmidt (really well taught and uses common design patterns throughout), the latter have some developed in conjunction with Google. Then there are lots of good online resources, Mark Murphy's Commonware is excellent. Plus Google have lots of performance and best practice videos on YouTube.

But the best is to just dive in, create an app or emulate an app you are interested in. Look at clean architecture, uncle bob is an excellent resource Martin Fowler as well. Use patterns like MVP, MVVM to keep things clean and easy to test. There are lots of good frameworks out there like Dagger for dependency injection RxJava/RxAndroid/etc for reactive programming.

Most of the above is all free and available online.

Advertisement