Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accounting Technician 2015/16

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭EmmaC88

This board is just making me realise how bad I've done & all small mistakes! Can't face management accouting! Did any of her teachers say anything about theory? Mine hope for those questions u explain what they are but the way the papers have gone for me they could change it all ..

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

How's everyone set for tomorrow??

Bit panicked at this stage. How are u set?

EmmaC88 wrote: »
    Bit panicked at this stage. How are u set?

Just want it over. Haven't done as much this weekend as I'd hope too. I'll look over theory bits tomorrow. It's silly little mistakes that I keep making. Hopefully I'll remember them.

Just think. We will be free tomorr at 5.30!!

Hoping for ac v mc , budgets, fifo wages break even I hope that's the exam, ��

That was a nice paper. What did ye think?? No abc/traditional or variances?! Couldn't believe labour came up and limiting factors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

That was a nice paper. What did ye think?? No abc/traditional or variances?! Couldn't believe labour came up and limiting factors

I was like alright where is the catch here? Lovely stuff.

Ye guys working in accounts? Thinking of doing the accounting professional exams? I'm tempted!

Ye guys working in accounts? Thinking of doing the accounting professional exams? I'm tempted!

No I haven't done any accounting in a practice just bits on and off through office admin duties.

Ya was happy with the paper my question 1 didn't reconcile & I couldn't do the last part in question 3 I could do everything else so I'm hopefully!

No I don't think I'll go on. I work in accounts practice alright I'll see how the results go? What u thinking of doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭lorr27

That was a lovely paper.Im so pleased and relieved to finish on a high. Roll on the 3rd of July!

Hi Guys,

Hope ye are all refreshed from the exams. Haha Can I ask a question about work exp>? Have ye started to fill it out? Where did ye find it? Is it by hand we fill it out?

Hi Guys,

Hope ye are all refreshed from the exams. Haha Can I ask a question about work exp>? Have ye started to fill it out? Where did ye find it? Is it by hand we fill it out?

http://www.technicians.ie/Affiliates/Becoming_a_member/Become_a_Full_Member_of_Accounting_Technicians_Ireland.html

This is it. Don't forget to fill out the membership one too. I filled mine out by hand. It's a pain. Also if Ubhave different places of work place u need to print out extra of page 18/19 I think.

Hi, hope everyone are happy with results. I passed all mine. Miracles happen.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 starbear

Well done! Got all mine too TG! They were extremely tough this year I thought well financial anyways! So tired been having so many nightmares

Passed all here too. Thought I did better in tax but obviously not as good as I thought at first. But they are done now

• Advertisement

Ya I thought accounting & taxation were bad enough this year. My worse was accounting which I was shocked at because I felt coming out of taxation I had it failed. So relived it's all over I've to still fill out my work experience booklet ;)

Ya I thought accounting & taxation were bad enough this year. My worse was accounting which I was shocked at because I felt coming out of taxation I had it failed. So relived it's all over I've to still fill out my work experience booklet ;)

Work booklet done thank god. I actually thought I done ok in tax after the exam. Don't know what happened. I'd love to see my paper

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭lorr27

Passed here too thank God! I did a lot better than I was expecting. I'm so relieved. I filled out the work experience booklet last week so I'm done and dusted, finished. Well done to all of you :)

Places are up on touchpoint. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Places are up on touchpoint. :)

how many people sat the exams?

• Advertisement

how many people sat the exams?

Got 64. 80 last year so it's an improvement.

You did very well. I got in the 100 .. I think Willie its around 800/900 sit it?

Can I ask a question about filling in the work book. When it says outline how learning outcome was achieved .. How did ye do it as in did ye write bullet points? I hate this part ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 iUsername

Congrats everyone - hope you are happy with the results.
    Can anyone tell me where you can see you placement in the exams on touchpoint?

You did very well. I got in the 100 .. I think Willie its around 800/900 sit it?

Can I ask a question about filling in the work book. When it says outline how learning outcome was achieved .. How did ye do it as in did ye write bullet points? I hate this part ..

Yes just wrote short billet points

iUsername wrote: »
    Congrats everyone - hope you are happy with the results.
    Can anyone tell me where you can see you placement in the exams on touchpoint?

If ublog in to touch point and go to exam history it will show u

So went on holidays & now I'm back trying to fill out the work exp booklet. If you wrote bullet points did u ever use the appendix? I dunno how much they looking for. I should have done this weeks ago haha didn't think Id pass the exams ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Hi guys. I am looking at doing this course in Sept. Would people recommend it? Also, just for the work experience part, My job title is an accounts assistant. Its in an office but not an accountancy firm. We are lucky enough to have an in house accountant, would that be sufficient for the work experience?

Advertisement