Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Maintenace Question

Options
  • 05-11-2015 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

I know they don't cover fees but I've a question about maintenance.

If I done my first level 8 course without taking the maintenance grant (I am eligible for it), would I be able to get it then for the GEM course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MagicMikeee

retweet wrote: »

If I done my first level 8 course without taking the maintenance grant (I am eligible for it), would I be able to get it then for the GEM course?

Hi, I'm afraid there is no government funding available in Ireland for GEMs. There are loans on offer and several threads explaining them.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dublindoctor

retweet wrote: »

to qualify for susi you have to be going onto another degree at a higher level.

So as you are going from a level 8 to a level 8 you don't qualify. But if you were going onto a Masters (level 9) or phd (level 10) only then would you qualify for it. Here is the info: https://susi.ie/previous-education-and-progression-postgraduate/

It's really crap and unfair but that is how they do it unfortunately

Advertisement