Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Gfx card for 400-550 price range

Options
  • 05-11-2015 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

Hay im having some trouble choosing a new card at the moment i have geforce gtx 670 and im looking for a good upgrade up to from 400-550 price range. Im not very tech savy and i play most everything at 1080p no to bothered with 4k res. But im just a bit baffled at all these cards on the market i have an asus mother board so i was assuming an asus branded one would be the best way to go. But any recommendations for price and performance ? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Thats a fairly hefty budget you have there,if you plan on staying at 1080p i dont think you need to spend all of it. You thinking of upgrading the monitor at all? Is your current monitor 60Hz?

If it is 60Hz and you dont intend to upgrade a Nvidia GTX 970 or and AMD R9 390 would both be decent options. Personally id be leaning toward a 390 at this point,has a few extra GB's of vram that are coming in useful now,even at 1080p. It does use a little bit more power though.

What power supply do you have? Comsidering your current card you should be ok on this front but just wanna check in case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Well ideally i would like to keep it to 400 but i have the 550 towards it, i dont want to get one and then a year from now be regretting the purchase. I have a corsair tx750 power supply

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Corsair?

I'd go the 390 as Eoin said. You could go as high as a 980 but I don't think it's worth it.

Advertisement