Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses 2016 - The Fourth Coming

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Any Irish fans travelling over for the gigs this weekend fancy meeting for a few pre gig bevvies?:cool:

Sound control on oxford road will be the place to go pre-gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭onform

Winterlong wrote: »
    Very excited about going to see them Friday night.
    Line up and times...

Doors: 16:30
    Buzzcocks: 17:40 - 18:10
    The Coral: 18:35 - 19:15
    Public Enemy: 19:45 - 20:30
    The Stone Roses: 21:00

Wow, that's a good line up. The Doors will probably overrun it they do an extra long version of 'Light my Fire'...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

A friend has 2 tics & accommodation for Friday gig, pm me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

onform wrote: »
    Wow, that's a good line up. The Doors will probably overrun it they do an extra long version of 'Light my Fire'...

I'm sure you had a little chuckle to yourself when typing, but that's been done already - on the Neil Young thread. I did think it was witty first time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

I'm sure you had a little chuckle to yourself when typing, but that's been done already - on the Neil Young thread. I did think it was witty first time around.

It wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Winterlong wrote: »
    Sound control on oxford road will be the place to go pre-gig.

What an odd suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

http://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Manchester/Mambos-Cocktail-Bar--And--Late-Lounge-Manchester-M4-2AD/
    This looks like it could be good to go to before/after gig. Anyone else any other suggestions? Are there many bars up near the etihad?

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    http://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Manchester/Mambos-Cocktail-Bar--And--Late-Lounge-Manchester-M4-2AD/
    This looks like it could be good to go to before/after gig. Anyone else any other suggestions? Are there many bars up near the etihad?

No. It's a dive. Stay around town/northern quarter and walk up (20 minutes) or get the tram.

Post gig go to South Nightclub just off deansgate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Mixed reports from last nights concert.

Guardian gave it 4/5. Some eyewitness reports not as kind.

Beautiful Thing played out to fireworks as they left the stage after IATR a la Redemption Song during the 2012 Heaton Park concerts. Disappointing. Some confusion as to whether they would return or not after Brown said something like 'we'll be back in 5 minutes'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

It was an unbelievable gig. Great atmosphere. Brown mostly on point.

• Advertisement

BPKS wrote: »
    Mixed reports from last nights concert.

Guardian gave it 4/5. Some eyewitness reports not as kind.

Beautiful Thing played out to fireworks as they left the stage after IATR a la Redemption Song during the 2012 Heaton Park concerts. Disappointing. Some confusion as to whether they would return or not after Brown said something like 'we'll be back in 5 minutes'.

They were very good.

Re: the actual gig the sound on the pitch was poor. There is an unfortunate element who attend these gigs now also, wannabe hooligans chucking pints of piss around the place and generally being ****.

Once we got back behind the speakers it was miles better. Due to go again Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Had a peek at the setlist there. It makes for some reading when you see the 20 songs listed out together. If you could swap Tears and Tightrope for All for One and one other weaker song, it would be epic. Can’t wait for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Surprised there hasn't been an album in advance of the gigs. two tracks isn't much to get excited about to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

All for one held its own in a live setting I felt. Gonna buy tickets to Marlay Park tonight. Was in two minds but last night has convinced me big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Are the tickets for Marley Park sold out? I just tried to buy a ticket and no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,361 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

bajer101 wrote: »
    Are the tickets for Marley Park sold out? I just tried to buy a ticket and no joy.

Still advertising on the radio the other day, Id be surprised if they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

bajer101 wrote: »

You can get them on toutless.ie for less than face value, its not sold out and not looking likely. I got two tickets off there for 60 each last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

On route to tonight's show hope it's a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tuk Tuk Darjeeling

toutless, must check that, is it reliable? (sure what is!! )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

toutless, must check that, is it reliable? (sure what is!! )

Buy from users with at least double digit post counts. Check out their past posts also, get a feel for what came across like.

Chances are if someone was going to scam people they wouldn't have lots of sales of tickets for other concerts which have went fine.

• Advertisement

Awesome gig 2nite. Band were on fire. All for one was played

U Wud never think that john squire is 53 looks a lot younger, very good guitarist and was on top form tonite.

Had seats in section 230 of the west stand but was upgraded to section 126 because the view was terrible in 126. Perfect view in 108

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Every song of the first album played , all for one sounded really good live , roll on today for gig no.2

I thought the sound quality was brilliant at the eitihad

How come sound engineers in other major venues can get the sound nailed on and we can't get it right here in Ireland

Buzzcocks and the coral were goof but didn't think much of Public enemy. Think they should of got another indie/Manchester band to be the main support. Imagine if happy Monday's supported them

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Going to the gig today in the etihad, anyone have any idea until what time the ticket office will be open?

Stunning last night. Any issues as to sound from Wenessay had been resolved and the dickhead count was negligible.

Something magical about those 4. Reni is breathtakingly good.

Mike Pickering playing Hangar afterwards. Just grabbed two tickets.

Rowetta and Dave Haslam are in the Workmans but its general admission so forget about getting in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Mike Pickering playing Hangar afterwards. Just grabbed two tickets.

Rowetta and Dave Haslam are in the Workmans but its general admission so forget about getting in there.

You'd nearly need to get a helicopter from Marlay Park to be guaranteed to get in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

What time will they be on stage in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So are we seriously only getting R&G and Soak as support? For 80e I expected more. Feel a little shafted to be honest. Wont be turning up for that support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mince Pie wrote: »
    So are we seriously only getting R&G and Soak as support? For 80e I expected more. Feel a little shafted to be honest. Wont be turning up for that support.

yeah, I like soak but in a big field, I dunno... Never had any interest in the other pair, thought we'd get a decent third band just before the roses...

Advertisement