Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses 2016 - The Fourth Coming

Options

Comments

I see Marathon Travel are doing a special bus to Marley from the Quay's, € 10 return.

Is it a major hassle getting back into town after and is getting a ticket for this a good idea?

In all my years of gig going have never been to anything in Marley Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I see Marathon Travel are doing a special bus to Marley from the Quay's, € 10 return.

Is it a major hassle getting back into town after and is getting a ticket for this a good idea?

In all my years of gig going have never been to anything in Marley Park.

Definitely worth it to get back in to city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Is there no official after party for the gig? Saw A Guy Called Gerald is playing at a Stone Roses after party in Opium Rooms but doesn't like you need a wristband to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

saw the guys in manchester a couple of weeks ago. great gig and for all you guys going nxt weekend you will not be disapointed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Cant wait for this

Staying in Dun Laoghaire. What's the best way to get to / from Marlay park would anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Drexel wrote: »
    Cant wait for this

Staying in Dun Laoghaire. What's the best way to get to / from Marlay park would anyone know?

The 75 bus drops you less than ten minutes walk away. It's pretty infrequent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

If you time one you'll be fine every half hour or so on weekends

If you time one you'll be fine every half hour or so on weekends

Would there be taxis around or would we be better getting the bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,361 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I live nearby, last year for the gigs they had shuttle buses running from the Luas in Dundrum up to about a 5 minute walk from the park. That is a handy option. Its a good walk to the Luas but doable if your stuck. The 16 14 and 75 all come very close by not sure of any diversions but all would leave you close by somehow. The 61 also comes near enough by if it happens to be near anyone. If its a sunny day there is a nice bit of grass outside the Eden pub which is across the road from the park and along a few hundred metres.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Would there be taxis around or would we be better getting the bus?

Had to walk a long way before I got a taxi after the last Marlay gig I was at

• Advertisement

Had to walk a long way before I got a taxi after the last Marlay gig I was at

havent been to Marlay park before. We booked a hotel near it thinking it would have been easier to get back to! might have been better off getting somewhere in the city center and just getting the shuttle bus back in. Ah il figure something out

havent been to Marlay park before. We booked a hotel near it thinking it would have been easier to get back to! might have been better off getting somewhere in the city center and just getting the shuttle bus back in. Ah il figure something out

What hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Any decent places near Marlay Park to have a few pints in before the concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Anyone know if there is usually a pit at Marlay park gigs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

BPKS wrote: »
    Any decent places near Marlay Park to have a few pints in before the concert?

There are a good few regular local pubs in the area. The eden will be packed but is good. The Ballinteer house is another one that will be less busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The Eden is closest Balinteer house and 3 rock are close enough and the coach house in balinteer too thats about it for walking distance really, Eden has a grand outdoor area and a bit of grass for sitting out on if its a nice day and is only 5 minute walk from the entrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Sold out?

Sold out?

doubt it

salmocab wrote: »
    What hotel?

Rochetown lodge and spa I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Can't wait. They were unbelievable in Manchester. Weather checking begins today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Any idea of stage times for Stone Roses and support? I know ot says 5.30 but guess that's when gates open.
    Cheers,
    Pa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

At a vague guess:

Stone roses: 9-10:45
    Rodrigo y Gabriella: 7:30-8:30
    SOAK: 6:15-7

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I've dug out my hat from 4 years ago today...

13595520_1025727947534831_1512545101_n.jpg?oh=fee3f27d72898fd10b7cbc8224d28c36&oe=577E19E7&__gda__=1467857557_7950107cb49980192faad2f5fdb43d53

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

everlast75 wrote: »
    I've dug out my hat from 4 years ago today...

13595520_1025727947534831_1512545101_n.jpg?oh=fee3f27d72898fd10b7cbc8224d28c36&oe=577E19E7&__gda__=1467857557_7950107cb49980192faad2f5fdb43d53

The one you were wearing whilst painting the kitchen ceiling?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The one you were wearing whilst painting the kitchen ceiling?

Nope - I just happen to live under a birds' nest ;)

Rochetown lodge and spa I think

Thats not close really and you will either need to drive or taxi it, 75 bus goes vaguely the right way but I don't know how far from the hotel it lets you out, could be a good stroll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Ha it's miles away from Marley Park. The city is probably closer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Anyone know if there's a mosh pit in front of the stage at Stone Roses gig this Friday?

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    Thats not close really and you will either need to drive or taxi it, 75 bus goes vaguely the right way but I don't know how far from the hotel it lets you out, could be a good stroll.

Should have booked it myself! Ah we will figure something out. Will prob head into city centre after anyways so be grand.

Advertisement