Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses 2016 - The Fourth Coming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

Anyone know if there's a mosh pit in front of the stage at Stone Roses gig this Friday?

You're going to mosh to The Stone Roses? That will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Anyone know if there's a mosh pit in front of the stage at Stone Roses gig this Friday?

Not at that sort of gig but if it's raining and muddy then a dirty protest should be easy enough to sort out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

mosstin wrote: »
    You're going to mosh to The Stone Roses? That will be interesting.

Bruce Springsteen gigs always have a mosh pit but people don't actually mosh in it. It's just an area at the very front of the gig that they let a certain number of people into. I was wondering if gigs in Marlay usually do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Bruce Springsteen gigs always have a mosh pit but people don't actually mosh in it. It's just an area at the very front of the gig that they let a certain number of people into. I was wondering if gigs in Marlay usually do this.

I think you're confusing a mosh pit with a pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Anyone recommend a good place in town to go after the gig?Hoping to get the 16 back in so it could be late by time we hit a pub!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

might be worth a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

Just saw the workmans is free entry,might pop in there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

toby2111 wrote: »
    Just saw the workmans is free entry,might pop in there

Can see that being jammed before the gigs even over

True. Any rough idea,how long the 16 bus might take to get back into town?Hope to get it around 11pm. I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I think you're confusing a mosh pit with a pit.

Ha ha! You're right! I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

True. Any rough idea,how long the 16 bus might take to get back into town?Hope to get it around 11pm. I

https://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/16-1/

Add a bit of time due to traffic/road blocks in the area on concert night.

Cheers,prob take over an hour so judging by timetable. Would that Marathon bus company that run shuttle buses be quicker?Anyone use them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Cheers,prob take over an hour so judging by timetable. Would that Marathon bus company that run shuttle buses be quicker?Anyone use them before?

I can't help with that question, but 4 of us have booked with them. Not being familiar with Dublin, it seemed like the easiest option for us.

A Guy Called Gerald in The Opium Rooms, Mike Pickering in Hangar, the aforementioned night in the Workman's and a Stone Roses Party in the Grand Social.

Dublin is going to be partying like it was 1988. Summer of love indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Really looking forward to this, Ian Brown's voice has vastly improved since their Phoenix Park gig. Should be epic. Hopefully the weather stays all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Happy enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

can someone send a link to where to buy/sell tickets? I'm not advertising mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

can someone send a link to where to buy/sell tickets? I'm not advertising mods.

toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dundalkian

Can anyone tell me what the policy on flares is for most concerts?
    Would you still get in if caught? Would it just be taken off you? would they be right c**ts and bring ye to the gaurds? Roll on saturday !! any feedback greatly appreciated, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Dundalkian wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the policy on flares is for most concerts?
    Would you still get in if caught? Would it just be taken off you? would they be right c**ts and bring ye to the gaurds? Roll on saturday !! any feedback greatly appreciated, cheers

I'd go with a pair of skinny jeans to be on the safe side...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Why the **** would you bring a flare to a gig?

Collie D wrote: »
    Why the **** would you bring a flare to a gig?

You honestly must not seen one stone roses video from manchester

but1er wrote: »
    You honestly must not seen one stone roses video from manchester

True. Doesn't answer the question though. Why risk getting thrown out for a bit of coloured smoke? And still don't see point at a gig. Football matches, yeah but gigs...?

Collie D wrote: »
    True. Doesn't answer the question though. Why risk getting thrown out for a bit of coloured smoke? And still don't see point at a gig. Football matches, yeah but gigs...?

Go watch any stone roses video in Manchester!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

but1er wrote: »
    Go watch any stone roses video in Manchester!

But what's the expected answer? They're on the banned items list. If you smuggle one in, and let it off, you'll probably get pulled. If you get searched and they find it, they'll probably just bin it. But these are just probabilities, we don't know. You could get a security dude on a good day, who just calls you a scamp and bins it, or a guy who's having a bad day and bars you from entering the venue.

Does having the ability to say 'but i asked boards and they said it'd be k! D:' really give any comfort when you're trying to do something that's banned?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

MattD wrote: »
    But what's the expected answer? They're on the banned items list. If you smuggle one in, and let it off, you'll probably get pulled. If you get searched and they find it, they'll probably just bin it. But these are just probabilities, we don't know. You could get a security dude on a good day, who just calls you a scamp and bins it, or a guy who's having a bad day and bars you from entering the venue.

Does having the ability to say 'but i asked boards and they said it'd be k! D:' really give any comfort when you're trying to do something that's banned?

The poster asked what the policy is on bringing flares into the gig though. He hasn't gotten a straight answer. Just a bunch of self righteous bullshít.

cournioni wrote: »
    The poster asked what the policy is on bringing flares into the gig though. He hasn't gotten a straight answer. Just a bunch of self righteous bullshít.

What selfrighteous bull**** would that be? He's read the rules and it's been posted on here too. Nobody has mentioned the rights and wrongs of flares but if he's caught he's probably ****ed and risks were known.

Also he's asked on four different threads...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Flares are banned. Gardai will be notified

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

s8n wrote: »
    Flares are banned. Gardai will be notified
    All that was required. :P

Advertisement