Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses 2016 - The Fourth Coming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Collie D wrote: »
    True. Doesn't answer the question though. Why risk getting thrown out for a bit of coloured smoke? And still don't see point at a gig. Football matches, yeah but gigs...?
    loads of them at Glastonbury, really added to the atmosphere tbh.

providing you're not right beside one with its embers falling down on you.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

cournioni wrote: »
    The poster asked what the policy is on bringing flares into the gig though. He hasn't gotten a straight answer. Just a bunch of self righteous bullshít.

And this post helped how?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Back on topic. I booked 2 seats with that Marathon Travel crowd last night for 5pm bus. It was only after that I read this- "Please allow for up to Two Hours for travel to Marlay Park at the peak time".....Google maps say its 25 minutes journey!!Dublin bus seem to be able to do it in 1 hour.It'll hardly take 2 hours with them, will it?Anyone use them before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

All adidas originals track tops are also banned. Many a naked boy will be around, bring on the girls eh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

hope people bring flares. They really added to the atmosphere in the etihad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

toby2111 wrote: »
    Back on topic. I booked 2 seats with that Marathon Travel crowd last night for 5pm bus. It was only after that I read this- "Please allow for up to Two Hours for travel to Marlay Park at the peak time".....Google maps say its 25 minutes journey!!Dublin bus seem to be able to do it in 1 hour.It'll hardly take 2 hours with them, will it?Anyone use them before?

Traffic around Marley Park can be crazy at gig time so I'd say Marathon are just covering their arses by saying 2 hours. To be fair, there's not much they can do if their coach gets stuck in traffic.

SteM wrote: »
    Traffic around Marley Park can be crazy at gig time so I'd say Marathon are just covering their arses by saying 2 hours. To be fair, there's not much they can do if their coach gets stuck in traffic.
    True,might just hop off when we're close and walk the rest of the way if traffic is brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

I'd say they're giving themselves a lot of breathing room I'd guess. I've been to a few gigs in Marlay and while the traffic is heavier than usual 2 additional hours is an exaggeration. You should be in plenty of time leaving at 5.

That being said I've probably put the mockers on it now and you'll be sitting in traffic for days.

Do marathon buses park in Marlay or drop off outside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

I think I remember the buses taking a very indirect route out the quays and around the M50.

• Advertisement

I think I remember the buses taking a very indirect route out the quays and around the M50.

No wonder it could take up to 2 hours so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭degzs

Is there anyway to be back in town for 00:15 to get a bus back to Galway?

The plan is to leave straight after the gig to get a bus back to town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

No wonder it could take up to 2 hours so!!

It's longer distance wise but it hits less traffic lights. If the M50 is moving ok it will fly it. Big if though :)

Especially on the 5pm bus. Be hitting Saturday traffic.

The M50 is usually fine at weekends as long as there isn't a crash

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

degzs wrote: »
    Is there anyway to be back in town for 00:15 to get a bus back to Galway?

The plan is to leave straight after the gig to get a bus back to town.

The 16 goes into town. Failing that, leave just before everyone else and get a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

The Nal wrote: »
    The 16 goes into town. Failing that, leave just before everyone else and get a taxi.

Thinking left field on this - If you know anyone in Dublin with a bike, borrow it, cycle out to Marley at your convenience for the gig, lock the bike to a rail close to entrance so that it's in view of the security. After gig, cycle back to town. Down hill - would only be half hour at the most. Give bike back to owner. Get on bus.

Alternatively, if you know anyone who has signed up for Dublin Bikes, get their card, get bike to Marley, lock it, back into town after the gig, and park bike at closest Dublin bike station to where you are getting the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭PGE1970

salmocab wrote: »
    The Eden is closest Balinteer house and 3 rock are close enough and the coach house in balinteer too thats about it for walking distance really, Eden has a grand outdoor area and a bit of grass for sitting out on if its a nice day and is only 5 minute walk from the entrance.

First time going to Marlay Park for a gig. Getting bus from Drogheda.

I'm going to show how age changes one's attitude to going to a gig (!) but is there a pub nearby that I can get a bite to eat at? Our bus will be in Dublin at about 4.30 which is far too early to go to the venue so looking for somewhere to have a few pints and some soakage!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

PGE1970 wrote: »
    First time going to Marlay Park for a gig. Getting bus from Drogheda.

I'm going to show how age changes one's attitude to going to a gig (!) but is there a pub nearby that I can get a bite to eat at? Our bus will be in Dublin at about 4.30 which is far too early to go to the venue so looking for somewhere to have a few pints and some soakage!

Thanks!

The Eden

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

The Eden
    The Eden will be rammed ,I live around the corner .Try getting a bite to eat at 1) Nut grove shopping center 2)Rathfarnham Village or even dundrum shopping center

• Advertisement

ciantheod wrote: »
    The Eden will be rammed ,I live around the corner .Try getting a bite to eat at 1) Nut grove shopping center 2)Rathfarnham Village or even dundrum shopping center

Cheers; are they in walking distance? Where would the nearest "not mental busy" pub be that serves grub (and how far away is it)?

I remember the pub beside the Phoenix Park at the last gig and it was rammed. It took about 20 mins to get a pint and was uncomfortably crazy. I'm too old for that now; I need a seat!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Alternatively, if you know anyone who has signed up for Dublin Bikes, get their card, get bike to Marley, lock it, back into town after the gig, and park bike at closest Dublin bike station to where you are getting the bus.

8km uphill from Rathmines to Marley Park on one of those things? No way. I use to go 3km from Ringsend to St Vincents Hospital on one sometimes - which is a flat run - and that was a killer. Those things are built like tanks and about as heavy! Any sort of wind into you on the trip there and it wouldn't be nice at all.

I'd recommend the Luas from Stephen's Green to Balally and walk from there. The Luas is a quick & regular service, you can have a pint or food in Dundrum if you want and then it's about 30 minutes walk to Marley Park I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The Eden will most likely have a BBQ on.

Taylors is around the back of Marley Park. Probably won't be as rammed and does food.

http://www.taylorsthreerock.ie/marlay-Park/

The Nal wrote: »
    The Eden will most likely have a BBQ on.

Taylors is around the back of Marley Park. Probably won't be as rammed and does food.

http://www.taylorsthreerock.ie/marlay-Park/

Thanks mate, that looks like the spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

You could try the Yellow house just on outside of Rathfarnham village or there is 1/2 other pubs in village itself , about 2km away .Dundrum Village has plenty of places to eat and most sell alcohol but not pubs as such , about 5/6 km walk.

Three Rock is probably your best bet alright. You can walk from there to the gig in no time. And it won't be anywhere near as busy as the Eden

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Would it be essential to bring wellies along? Last time I was in Marley Park was 08 for The Killers. Can't remember it being that muddy. But i know Kodaline are playing tomorrow night. Will the park be in a bad state?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

are Dublin Bus doing any special concert buses to and from Marley Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

lougal88 wrote:
    Would it be essential to bring wellies along? Last time I was in Marley Park was 08 for The Killers. Can't remember it being that muddy. But i know Kodaline are playing tomorrow night. Will the park be in a bad state?

Best thing to do is to ask in the Kodaline thread on Saturday. They will be able to tell us what sort of state the ground is in when leaving.

They throw down wood chip on particularly soggy ground. It would want to be torrential for you to need wellies. Old runners, or hiking boots are best.
    I must check the forecast actually....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Lads what type of beer will be on sale at the gig?
    (Despite living 2 minutes away from Marley park I haven't been to a gig there in 10 years.)

Advertisement