Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses 2016 - The Fourth Coming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭degzs

SteM wrote: »

Alternatively, if you know anyone who has signed up for Dublin Bikes, get their card, get bike to Marley, lock it, back into town after the gig, and park bike at closest Dublin bike station to where you are getting the bus.

8km uphill from Rathmines to Marley Park on one of those things? No way. I use to go 3km from Ringsend to St Vincents Hospital on one sometimes - which is a flat run - and that was a killer. Those things are built like tanks and about as heavy! Any sort of wind into you on the trip there and it wouldn't be nice at all.

I'd recommend the Luas from Stephen's Green to Balally and walk from there. The Luas is a quick & regular service, you can have a pint or food in Dundrum if you want and then it's about 30 minutes walk to Marley Park I think.

Going to have a few beers and not sure about cycling back into town.

I would imagine it will be before 11?

Gives me a good hour to make it back into town as long I am first out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

A-Trak wrote:
    Lads what type of beer will be on sale at the gig? (Despite living 2 minutes away from Marley park I haven't been to a gig there in 10 years.)

The Kilmainham gigs recently had:
    Heineken
    Heineken Light
    Desperado
    Orchards Thieves
    Red wine
    White wine
    Red Bull & Vodka
    Prosecco bar.

About €6.50ish for a pint I think. Struggling to remember...

Security at Marley can be mixed for getting your own 'beverages' in. Depends what time you walk up and how busy they are.

Does anybody know if it's the same promoters and therefore same drinks supplier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I must check the forecast actually....

Rain unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Synode wrote: »
    Rain unfortunately

Only during the day and then to stop. But quite a lot during the day.

https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin/long.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

They are doing sound checks in Marley in advance of the weekends concert. Getting a bit excited now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,361 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

PGE1970 wrote: »
    First time going to Marlay Park for a gig. Getting bus from Drogheda.

I'm going to show how age changes one's attitude to going to a gig (!) but is there a pub nearby that I can get a bite to eat at? Our bus will be in Dublin at about 4.30 which is far too early to go to the venue so looking for somewhere to have a few pints and some soakage!

Thanks!

As others have said Eden does good food but will likely be rammed, Taylors 3 rock don't know how the food is but its close enough. If your there at 4 30 and aren't to keen on the supports and want a bite to eat the Glenside in Churchtown is about a 40 minute walk away does good food and won't be hit by the concert crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Collie D wrote: »
    Why the **** would you bring a flare to a gig?

They look brilliant in a crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

I remember Fatboy Slim in 2009 there was a .. laissez faire attitude toward drinking outside Marley. Are the guards less tolerant toward it outside the venue nowadays ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I remember Fatboy Slim in 2009 there was a .. laissez faire attitude toward drinking outside Marley. Are the guards less tolerant toward it outside the venue nowadays ?

At Artic Monkeys they were allowing drinking in the car park across from lidl, only noticed this as with got into it but weren't allowed leave then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

Bring a fire lighter and tongs

• Advertisement

No, it has been heavily policed in the last 3 years. Resident hotlines set up to report 'anti social' behavior. Lots of stewards around too.
    Generally they go after people too drunk to walk, people drinking in the vicinity of the park, people stashing booze in the bushes, loitering, littering etc....
    So in and around the park would be a no go, but outside of that you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

Which luas stop is handiest to walk back to from Marlay park, ballaly or dundrum, handiest as in most straightforward to get to and least likely to get lost?

Ballally is closer and easier. Not sure if they do the shuttle busses after the gig (to the LUAS) but they'd be very handy if running

Edit: Yes they are doing it here

http://bushiredublin.net/bus_service/concerts-events/dundrum-luas-stop-to-marlay-park-bus-service/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

Synode wrote: »
    Ballally is closer and easier. Not sure if they do the shuttle busses after the gig (to the LUAS) but they'd be very handy if running

Thanks synode, there's a shuttle bus to dundrum luas after the gig but my experience of Marlay park is that traffic is so bad I'd be quicker walking.
    Never tried the luas before for Marlay park but I'm going to tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭strawdog

30 mins walk from luas as per google maps (so prob really about 20-25). You'd do well to beat that by shuttle, especially as you're coming out right beside Dundrum SC. So as long as it's not pissing be grand. Maybe a cheeky discreet brown paper bag in hand!

https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/Marlay+Park,+Grange+Road,+Rathfarnham/Balally,+Drummartin,+Dublin/@53.2789558,-6.2615424,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x48670bcc2f44739d:0x7aba0b0e84d6b979!2m2!1d-6.2688645!2d53.2732853!1m5!1m1!1s0x4867096edc230423:0x5f9805ba8426c41d!2m2!1d-6.2367107!2d53.2860547!3e2

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

No stage times published yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

lougal88 wrote: »

The selling for this is looking embrassing.

Hop mcd learn there lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

GBX wrote:
    A young jockey from Down had the worst of days on the track on Sunday, when he was first injured in a race and then made much worse by the emergency services.

The support is pretty poor

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

lougal88 wrote: »

Heading to @thestoneroses at #MarlayPark tomorrow?

#TheStone Roses
    @RodGab 19:45
    @Soakofficial 18:45
    Gates: 17:30
    Times subject to change

From MCD's Twitter. Annoyingly enough they don't give a time for the Roses but I'm guessing that it'a 21:00 based on the Manchester gigs. Does anyone know if there's a front pit at this gig with pit passes? Want to get close to the front but not especially bothered about the support, particularly if it's raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Heading to @thestoneroses at #MarlayPark tomorrow?

#TheStone Roses
    @RodGab 19:45
    @Soakofficial 18:45
    Gates: 17:30
    Times subject to change

From MCD's Twitter. Annoyingly enough they don't give a time for the Roses but I'm guessing that it'a 21:00 based on the Manchester gigs. Does anyone know if there's a front pit at this gig with pit passes? Want to get close to the front but not especially bothered about the support, particularly if it's raining.

I thought the gigs HAD to be over for 10 o'clock because of the residents?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

everlast75 wrote: »
    I thought the gigs HAD to be over for 10 o'clock because of the residents?

11 as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Kodaline tonight is 9pm stage time so should be similar

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Forecast for heavy rain in the morning but drying up by the time the gates open. The ground will probably be a mess after all that rain.

Roses will play 9.15 to 11 I'd say.

Going by the previous pages of places to drink before the gig - I'll be approaching from the west (Ballydoden side) - so it seems my choices are Eden or the 3 Rock clubhouse does it????

BPKS wrote: »
    Forecast for heavy rain in the morning but drying up by the time the gates open. The ground will probably be a mess after all that rain.

Roses will play 9.15 to 11 I'd say.

Going by the previous pages of places to drink before the gig - I'll be approaching from the west (Ballydoden side) - so it seems my choices are Eden or the 3 Rock clubhouse does it????

You could go into Buglers pub on the Ballyboden Road. But you'll have about a 15-20 minute walk to the gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Best place to get a rain jacket that wont cost a fortune ? and actually keeps you dry

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nlk

Wondering where is best to park for Marlay?

Anyone know if it takes ages to get in/out of the official carpark or if you'll be clamped parking in a nearby estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

nlk wrote: »
    Wondering where is best to park for Marlay?

Anyone know if it takes ages to get in/out of the official carpark or if you'll be clamped parking in a nearby estate?

You won't be able to get into the estates. Residents only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

threein99 wrote: »
    Best place to get a rain jacket that wont cost a fortune ? and actually keeps you dry
    http://www.outdooradventurestore.ie/products/clothing/mens_clothing/mens_rainwear/mac_in_a_sac-3705.html

shop on Liffey Street

You won't be able to get into the estates. Residents only.

And this year they have tightened up on it, residents issued with passes and more barricades and stewards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Where is the best pubs to go to in the city centre after the gig? Also is there a strict dress code in any of them?

Advertisement