Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses 2016 - The Fourth Coming

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

lougal88 wrote:
    Where is the best pubs to go to in the city centre after the gig? Also is there a strict dress code in any of them?

Grand Social are doing an after party.

I imagine P Macs, Doyles, The Globe, Cassidy's, etc will draw a similar crowd.
    No dress code needed for those. Jeans, runners, t shirt etc are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

- Will there be a ticket office at the venue for walk ups? Won't know until closer to the start whether I can go and did a check last night to see if tickets would still be available for Kodaline online after the gates opened and they weren't.

- Are cameras allowed in these days? I'm talking about an entry level DSLR. Official sites mention no "professional cameras with removable lenses" - this has a removable lens but is no pro camera!

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

I was at metallica a few years ago and lots of people drinking outside near the shops @lidl etc. the eden house was rammed. Best off having a few beers somewhere else and then make your way in.

Pissed off its raining, muddy ground isthe worst, destroys a gig for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

nlk wrote: »
    Wondering where is best to park for Marlay?

Anyone know if it takes ages to get in/out of the official carpark or if you'll be clamped parking in a nearby estate?

There is no official car park and there will be no parking on the roads nearly.
    It'll be residents only all day.

The Luas carpark in Balally is 30 minutes walk, but I suspect that will fill pretty quickly.

Lots of staff in Dundrum SC already park in all the nearly housing estates so no chance of parking in that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 nlk

huskerdu wrote: »

The Luas carpark in Balally is 30 minutes walk, but I suspect that will fill pretty quickly.

Lots of staff in Dundrum SC already park in all the nearly housing estates so no chance of parking in that direction.

Thanks all for the info re parking on the street.

This info from MCD:

"Entrance to the car parks is off College Road. Please note that there is limited parking available in Marlay Park. Car Parks open 2 hours before the gates opening time on your ticket."

I'l take my chances with the car park. Hope everyone enjoys the gig :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

that's some rain, most forecasts have it for the day aswell, the wellies it is , as it was in 2012, still have the same ones in the shed!

anyone ever in Marlay for concert when raining, does it cut up bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Kompany

HIS IS THE ONE
    A post Stone Roses Celebration of Manchester Music

The Workman’s Club & Garage Bar

Saturday, 9 July

OK, so let’s paint the picture for you. It’s Saturday, 9 July. You’ve been at The Stone Roses in Marlay Park. The gig is over but the night most certainly isn’t. What to do? Well, c’mere to us til we tell you! THEN, Dublin’s Only All Manchester Music Night takes over The Workman’s Club & Garage Bar to keep you dancing ‘til all hours!

Getting the night started in The Workman’s Club will be Workman’s resident and fellow Manchester music fanatic, Rob Smith! We’ll also have the deadly Marquis D’Alton playing a Hacienda themed set before we welcome the one and only Dave Haslam to the stage!

Birmingham born DJ and author Dave Haslam has DJ’ed over 450 times at Manchester’s legendary Hacienda. He was at Joy Division’s last show in 1980, Sonic Youth have slept on his floor and Tony Wilson threatened to shoot him. He recently published his 4th book, Life After Dark: A History of British Nightclubs & Music Venues. Dave also opened for The Stone Roses at their stuff-of-legends, historic gig at Spike Island. He also curates exhibitions, gives lectures and is an all ‘round legend of the scene. You won’t wanna miss his set!

PLUS, because we love you very very much, we’ll also be bringing you what is most DEFINITELY going to be an awesome set from none other than Ms Manchester herself, Rowetta. Best known for singing with Happy Mondays, she’s also performed with Peter Hook & The Light – and played herself in the brilliant movie 24 Hour Party People. She’ll be picking out her favourite Manchester anthems – and singing a few too!

The trifecta is complete with Trev, the Then Founder and Workman’s Resident. Trev has warmed up Main Stage Performances for the likes of New Order (Forbidden Fruit 2012), Primal Scream (2013) and The Charlatans (Leopardstown 2014). Over the years, he has also DJ’d alongside Mani (The Stone Roses), Shaun Ryder and Bez (The Happy Mondays), Andy Rourke (The Smiths), Tom Hingley (The Inspiral Carpets) and even played at Morrissey‘s end of tour party in Dublin 2011. Those are some serious Manchester credentials right there!

Meanwhile over at Garage Bar the Reverend Tony Bones will deliver his very own Retrospective of Manchester Music.

AND, as if this line up couldn’t get any better, this whole shindig will be absolutely FRE

Does anyone know if there's a front pit at this gig with pit passes?

Set List

1. I Wanna Be Adored
    2. Elephant Stone
    3. Sally Cinnamon
    4. Mersey Paradise
    5. (Song for My) Sugar Spun Sister
    6. Bye Bye Badman
    7. Shoot You Down
    8. Begging You
    9. Waterfall
    10. Don't Stop
    11. Elizabeth My Dear
    12. Fools Gold
    13. All for One
    14. Love Spreads
    15. Made of Stone
    16. She Bangs the Drums
    17. Breaking into Heaven
    18. This Is the One
    19. I Am the Resurrection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Bulmers wrote: »
    that's some rain, most forecasts have it for the day aswell, the wellies it is , as it was in 2012, still have the same ones in the shed!

Supposed to dry up after lunch. Cloudy with sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

Twat posting set list, who asked you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

ciantheod wrote: »

He hardly ruined the ending.

Same as 2012 with One For All over Ten Storey Love Song? Not the greatest swap. They really don't do Second Coming, do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

Collie D wrote:
    Same as 2012 with One For All over Ten Storey Love Song? Not the greatest swap. They really don't do Second Coming, do they?

Post a link, people can have a look if they choose

Think you're over-reacting. Go get a coffee in to you.

Anyway, anyone any ideas how ticket sales went in the end? Roses at nine? Will probably have few in Ballinteer Inn and head in at 8ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Bulmers wrote: »

It's clearing up big time. Forecasts saying there might be a couple of drizzles later but nothing like earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

huskerdu wrote: »

There is an official car park. It's the back entrance up beside the M50

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭electronic

Don't think begging you , elephant stone or breaking into heaven were played 2012.Hoping beautiful thing gets its maiden airing

electronic wrote: »
    Don't think begging you , elephant stone or breaking into heaven were played 2012.Hoping beautiful thing gets its maiden airing

Thought Elephant Stone was but could be wrong after four years. Pretty sure you're right on other two though...and still no Tears

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Which free after gig venue are people going to?Its either Workmans or Grand Social. Last time after Phoenix Park,we went to the Workmans and had a brilliant night, music was excellent.....but posters here are saying it'll be jammed even before the gig.Never been to the Grand Social.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Set list is handy for planning bar/toilet breaks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

ciantheod wrote: »

"I am the Resurrection" in Stone Roses set list ending shocker.

Get a grip!! Since when is a set list a controversial spoiler!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Stage times taken from MCD twitter -

Today is @thestoneroses at #MarlayPark day!

#TheStone Roses
    @RodGab 19:45
    @Soakofficial 18:45
    Gates: 17:30
    Times subject to change

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Anyone know would they be fairly strict on the door of after parties if we were slightly mucky?....in particular the opium rooms..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Anyone know would they be fairly strict on the door of after parties if we were slightly mucky?....in particular the opium rooms..

Normal gig wear and tear or rolling in muck like an eejit?
    Opium rooms is generally grand for getting in and sometimes regardless of your state, not too sure about being mucky though.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

electronic wrote: »

I don't know why but I have a feeling it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Sam Hain wrote:
    Normal gig wear and tear or rolling in muck like an eejit? Opium rooms is generally grand for getting in and sometimes regardless of your state, not too sure about being mucky though.

It'd be more mucky runners than anything else, certainly won't be rolling in any of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

What's the weather like in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

dunno about Opium Rooms but most places are usually grand. i've seen the odd person at after-partys in wellies! worst case scenario, bring a pack of tissues and give them a wipe down before you get there. can't imagine there'll be any issue though.

tickets going for less than €50 on toutless for anyone who hasn't made up their mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

SmallBalls wrote: »
    It'd be more mucky runners than anything else, certainly won't be rolling in any of it...

Ah you say that now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

thesultan wrote: »
    What's the weather like in Dublin?

Was lashing for a bit earlier but it's stopped now. Cloudy with the odd burst of sun.

Advertisement