Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses 2016 - The Fourth Coming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Collie D wrote: »
    And still leaves the Thursday available should they need it. Brown's voice be f*cked by Sunday.

If ever there was a comment that leaves itself open to a barrage of smart remarks!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Got Wednesday tickets! Delighted. Anyone ever used gigsandtouurs before?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ahh i thought i was going the first night til they announced the wednesday :(:D. anyway the brother in law is a bigger fan than me and i must start listening to the roses now.

what sort of crowd will be at this, manchester Scobes (with tracksuits dancing around like yer man Bez from Happy Mondays etc) ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ahh i thought i was going the first night til they announced the wednesday :(:D. anyway the brother in law is a bigger fan than me and i must start listening to the roses now.

what sort of crowd will be at this, manchester Scobes (with tracksuits dancing around like yer man Bez from Happy Mondays etc) ???

Plenty of Scots, Irish, Mancs and Scousers if the last time was anything to go by. Good vibe when I was there, the whole city seemed to be going ot the gigs - great mood around town.

Watch out for flying pint glasses of piss though...

Anyone going the Wednesday planning to stick around til the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Got a cheap enough flight, but hotels seem to be expensive for the weekend. Probably people having booked hotels before they got tickets. Hopefully some cancellations will see prices come back down.

Got an air bnb in the city centre for 150 between 6 of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

on the last reunion They did announce their dublin show after the uk shows no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

on the last reunion They did announce their dublin show after the uk shows no?

They announced Manchester as the huge comeback gig. Then when it was sold out, weirdly announced other dates that were taking place before the Manchester gig. Dublin was announced somewhere in that mix, well after Heaton Park was sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

They announced Manchester as the huge comeback gig. Then when it was sold out, weirdly announced other dates that were taking place before the Manchester gig. Dublin was announced somewhere in that mix, well after Heaton Park was sold out.

I went to Manchester, Belfast London and Dublin, Manchester was the first of that lot, Amsterdam was before Manchester though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

ok thanks. ill hold out for an irish show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭paulbok

Is Slane running for 2016?
    I always though a Madchester-esque day in Slane could be good (musically, not location wise.)

Stone Roses
    Primal Scream
    Happy Mondays
    Charlatans
    James

paulbok wrote: »
    I always though a Madchester-esque day in Slane could be good (musically, not location wise.)

Stone Roses
    Primal Scream
    Happy Mondays
    Charlatans
    James

Sounds ****ing brilliant, apart from the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

Stone Roses
    Primal Scream
    Happy Mondays
    Charlatans
    James

One can dream. Sunny day in the Phoenix Park with the top three of that line up would be heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

My money's on a Marlay Park date. MCD signed contracts today for six gigs in Marlay Park over the summer.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mcd-signs-contracts-for-six-gigs-at-dublins-marlay-park-704715.html

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Stone Roses
    Primal Scream
    Happy Mondays
    Charlatans
    James

Imagine , Such a lineup . Love the 5 of them so much:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Stone Roses
    Primal Scream
    Happy Mondays[b/]
    Charlatans
    James

With Mani doing a double shift and Bez and Cressa having an all day dance-off

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

MCD

The Stone Roses play Marlay Park, Dublin on Saturday 9th July 2016.

Tickets €74.50 including booking fee on sale at 9am on Friday, 20th November from Ticketmaster Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Those expensive buggers! Still, glad to see it's going to become a proper tour. Part of an album release tour perhaps?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

Courteeners supporting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

What's capacity of Marlay Park - about 30,000?
    Chances of this selling out pretty quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

2012 comeback tour gig didn't sell out so nothing to indicate this will either.
    I'll hold out til after xmas to buy a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

gouche wrote: »

Good chance of selling out people seem to forget quickly that Ian Brown is easily one of the worst live singers going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Courteeners supporting

Is that a guess or have you seen it confirmed somewhere? Would love to see them added to the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

€80 to stand at an outdoor gig. I'd be hoping for a strong support act...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I can't even remember who supported at the Phoenix Park gig. €75 is steep though, they're really milking it. I'll probably go because Marley Park is close to me. If it wasn't, I don't know if I'd bother

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

€80 to stand at an outdoor gig. I'd be hoping for a strong support act...

Its a tenner dearer than Phoenix Park in 2012. Although I'm sure there are many like me who would pay over €100 to see them play new music.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Synode wrote: »
    I can't even remember who supported at the Phoenix Park gig. €75 is steep though, they're really milking it. I'll probably go because Marley Park is close to me. If it wasn't, I don't know if I'd bother

The Wailers. As in Bob Marley's band.

And the Justice Collective I think they were called - consisted of Mick Jones (The Clash) & Peter Hooton (The Farm) amongst others - remember Shane McGowan came on stage and "sang" a song.

EDIT: Oh and I think the Strypes opened.

BPKS wrote: »
    The Wailers. As in Bob Marley's band.

And the Justice Collective I think they were called - consisted of Mick Jones (The Clash) & Peter Hooton (The Farm) amongst others - remember Shane McGowan came on stage and "sang" a song.

EDIT: Oh and I think the Strypes opened.

The Minutes opened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

gouche wrote: »
    32000 is Marlay it seems, and it looks like Phoenix park was 45000 when they played in '12. Phoenix park sold out about 6 months before it, but there was loads of tickets floating around the few weeks before it. This gig wouldn't have the same draw, but I'd say the 32k will still sell out at some stage

Advertisement