Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses 2016 - The Fourth Coming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Probably do a load of festivals again next year. Can't see that many people forking out again for a big one off gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Saw them in Phoenix Park and in Marley. Wouldn't go to another outdoor gig with them. Loved Phoenix Park gig, as it had the huge novelty factor. Thought Marley was a bit flat.

But would definitely go to gig in 3Arena - but that's not gonna happen. Their new tunes are not up to much IMO. They are ok. But not a patch on anything on debut album or Second Coming.

Was there ever talk of them releasing a new album? Or was it just referred to as "new material".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So what do u think 2017 will have in store for the stone roses ???

Saw them in there own backyard last june so would be 50/50 about seeing them live again (id love if they done an arena tour and played the 3arena or The Marquee)

would not surprise me if they broke up again

They barely did any festivals this summer, maybe 1 or 2? There's speculations that they'll headline Glastonbury. Perhaps a possibility for Electric Picnic too? Hoping they play at a few festivals next year so I can catch them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Playing 3 nights at Sydney Opera House in December which would indicate they are not going away.

I'd love them to do a European Tour and catch them at some small capacity indoor venue on the continent.

Glasto rumours are strong again and it would seem a natural thing for them to do it after cancelling in 95.

Not sure would they do another outdoor gig in Ireland, would be more likely for them to play the Point if they are going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

3arena show would be awsome as its something new compared too another outdoor gig with an identical setlist to the last tours (saying that they have a very small back catalogue)

A new live DVD won't go astray either

• Advertisement

3arena show would be awsome as its something new compared too another outdoor gig with an identical setlist to the last tours (saying that they have a very small back catalogue)

A new live DVD won't go astray either

Madison Square Garden DVD likely given the professional recording that went on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Definitely not going gets to see them outdoors again. Done it twice and while they were good sets they just lose something, would be fantastic to see them indoors.

BPKS wrote: »
    Madison Square Garden DVD likely given the professional recording that went on there.

Thought they would make a DVD out of the four Manchester gig's but good news that were possible getting a dvd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Potential Glastonbury headliner. At least I hope so anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

CtS0t49WYAAVXsK.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

CtS0t49WYAAVXsK.jpg:large

Ooooo maybe three arena coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

but1er wrote: »
    Ooooo maybe three arena coming?

Would imagine so all right considering Wembley is 90k and Hampden is over 50k with the SSE only 11k.

Decisions, decisions, which one to go to?

A 3arena show would be tempting and theres surly the fan base here for it to sell out quickly. As they only played here this year, they might decide to skip us and just use Belfast as the Sole Irish show. If they are playing Dublin i hope they announce it quickly as money will be tight (Maiden tickets on sale Friday, possible Guns N Roses show too)

imagine Cardiff and Manchester might be added too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Collie D wrote: »
    Would imagine so all right considering Wembley is 90k and Hampden is over 50k with the SSE only 11k.

Decisions, decisions, which one to go to?

Easy: Anything but Hampden. It's a ****hole unsuited for pretty much anything ;)

SSE is very small, so Wembley (ticket wise) will probably be the best option.

Then again, hoping for a show in Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

A 3arena show would be tempting and theres surly the fan base here for it to sell out quickly. As they only played here this year, they might decide to skip us and just use Belfast as the Sole Irish show.

Would love a 3Arena show too, don't think I would go see them in a field again tbh. However I think you're right- Belfast could be their only 2017 Irish show:( Just a shame it's a Tuesday night in Belfast.......

Wheeker wrote: »
    Would love a 3Arena show too, don't think I would go see them in a field again tbh. However I think you're right- Belfast could be their only 2017 Irish show:( Just a shame it's a Tuesday night in Belfast.......

Could they be a possibility for Electric Picnic?

Yeah Tuesday night in Belfast, not going to bother going to that one. Looking into either getting a ticket for London or Glasgow. Tickets go on sale this Friday though so I'd better decide fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

could definitely be a possibility for EP if there's no Dublin date.

given how early they're announcing these gigs, it wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to get them sold ASAP before festivals start announcing them.

Can see them headline Glastonbury (already rumours about them closing on Sunday).

And if their new album is out then there's no way they won't play in Manchester.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Can see them headline Glastonbury (already rumours about them closing on Sunday).

And if their new album is out then there's no way they won't play in Manchester.

Yeah I can see that happening. They're playing in Glasgow on the Sat night and then could head on down to Glastonbury to close the Sun night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

The outdoor gigs in Kilmainham were during the last week of June this year. A Thursday night gig in the Royal Hospital might be a possibility. The venue is a nice size but probably too small for these guys. I'd still prefer a 3Arena gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Stone Roses and EP would be a great match

Belfast will be £49-£70 price range - nothing yet for Wembley/Glasgow

Collie D wrote: »
    Belfast will be £49-£70 price range - nothing yet for Wembley/Glasgow

Any idea of the standing capacity of the Belfast arena place.

If I can get standing I'll go, if not I wont.

Easy: Anything but Hampden. It's a ****hole unsuited for pretty much anything ;)

SSE is very small, so Wembley (ticket wise) will probably be the best option.

Then again, hoping for a show in Dublin :)

Is Hampden really that bad? Do you know what it's like for concerts in regards to sitting/standing?

Is Hampden really that bad? Do you know what it's like for concerts in regards to sitting/standing?

The sound quality at Hampden gigs is terrible, there's no alcohol sold I believe, if you're stuck in the seats (apart from maybe the ones closest to the stage) then you can't see anything,...

The sound quality at Hampden gigs is terrible, there's no alcohol sold I believe, if you're stuck in the seats (apart from maybe the ones closest to the stage) then you can't see anything,...

What?! Fook that. Once gig starts I'm happy just to enjoy the music but highlight of an outdoor gig is a few beers while crashed out in the sun

Anyone getting tickets for these gigs? Was contemplating getting ones for Glasgow but having read bad things about the venue I'm not so sure now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Anyone getting tickets for these gigs? Was contemplating getting ones for Glasgow but having read bad things about the venue I'm not so sure now :/

just got a belfast one and hopefully my mate has sorted wembley

Got Belfast tickets.

• Advertisement

Forgot about this. Decided I'm going to take a punt on them announcing a Dublin gig and wait for that. Worst case scenario they don't play Dublin and I'm sure I can pick one up for one of the three announced.

Advertisement