Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses 2016 - The Fourth Coming

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The boom is back! Wow they're expensive. I think I paid that for 2 tickets a week before the last gig. No thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

32000 is Marlay it seems, and it looks like Phoenix park was 45000 when they played in '12. Phoenix park sold out about 6 months before it, but there was loads of tickets floating around the few weeks before it. This gig wouldn't have the same draw, but I'd say the 32k will still sell out at some stage

They sold out 4 days in Manchester in no time last Friday (200,000+ tickets)- they still have a fairly significant "draw" - especially with a new album almost certainly on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Good chance of selling out people seem to forget quickly that Ian Brown is easily one of the worst live singers going.

Doesn't matter when you have 30,000 backing singers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Have to say I've seen Ian Brown twice (once solo) and both times be was more than adequate live!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Wow, not cheap. I think I paid €40 for a ticket for the Phoenix Park gig. I'd seen them in Heaton Park beforehand though so I didn't rush to get a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

The fact that it's on a Saturday means quite a few might travel from the UK or farther afield for it. I reckon it'll sell out pretty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

BPKS wrote: »
    They sold out 4 days in Manchester in no time last Friday (200,000+ tickets)- they still have a fairly significant "draw" - especially with a new album almost certainly on the way.
    It's not the same comeback as last time is what I mean. In '12 Squire and Brown hadn't toured since 96, this time it's a 4 year gap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

No way I'm paying that, they'll be going for 30 on the day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

This will 100% sell out and anyone who thinks otherwise is being incredibly foolish.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Gererreh Tona

When they say
    Tickets for Marlay Park are priced €74.50 including booking fee and go on sale on Friday November 20th at 9am.

Don't ticketmaster add on something like €6 near the end, why can't they just give the real price that is going to come off my credit card when I buy a ticket? Will the "real" price be around €80?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Glad im going to Manchester (night 2) as I hate field gig's but would of loved to see them in Ireland

When they say

Don't ticketmaster add on something like €6 near the end, why can't they just give the real price that is going to come off my credit card when I buy a ticket? Will the "real" price be around €80?

Yep, itll be about €80 with the other fees (credit card fees I think they call them)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

What are people thinking about making their way to and from the gig? Not a whole lot of accommodation options near Marlay Park. I haven't been to a gig there in 9 or 10 years so can't remember how easy it is to get in and out of if you're not driving.

I've booked a guest house a couple of miles away for like €80 and have free cancellation so at least I've something but can't imagine it'd be easy to get a taxi or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

nkay1985 wrote: »
    What are people thinking about making their way to and from the gig? Not a whole lot of accommodation options near Marlay Park. I haven't been to a gig there in 9 or 10 years so can't remember how easy it is to get in and out of if you're not driving.

I've booked a guest house a couple of miles away for like €80 and have free cancellation so at least I've something but can't imagine it'd be easy to get a taxi or whatever.

going to the friday manchester show and am dreading the taught of trying to find accomadation. mite just fly over go to the show, few pints somewhere and go back to the airport walk around there and get an early flight home the next day.

went to Metallica in marlay in 2008 and 2009. its a kip the best thing is to get a bus out and back there from the city centre and stay in a hotel there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

stay in the city centre, get the Luas/shuttle buses to and from Marlay Park.
    or else stay somewhere further out on the Luas line if you're not going to go out in Dublin after.

could always go for a couple of drinks in the pub down the road after and then get a taxi to the guesthouse though. getting a taxi after the gig will be a complete pain, although there tends to be loads of them parked up Ballinteer Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,361 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I live nearby so Im delighted as I can stroll down, first gig there that I really want to go to since I moved in. Last year they had a shuttle bus up from the LUAS don't know how it worked but thats a decent option I would think. You could walk up from the Luas in Ballaly in about 45 mins I would think if your the walking type.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Stayed in the Clayton (Bewleys) in Leopardstown for Longitude last year.
    They had a shuttle bus going back and forth all day - was perfect.
    Especially if you don't want to head into the city centre.
    Hoping they do something similar for this - booked a room with free cancellation already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

PTH2009 wrote: »
    going to the friday manchester show and am dreading the taught of trying to find accomadation. mite just fly over go to the show, few pints somewhere and go back to the airport walk around there and get an early flight home the next day.

went to Metallica in marlay in 2008 and 2009. its a kip the best thing is to get a bus out and back there from the city centre and stay in a hotel there

How is it a Kip ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

lc180 wrote: »
    The fact that it's on a Saturday means quite a few might travel from the UK or farther afield for it. I reckon it'll sell out pretty soon.

any big outdoor gig in ireland will have tickets floating around close to the gig even if it is sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Am I right in saying that the capacity of Marlay Park is 32K compared to 45K of the Phoenix Park gig?

Also looking at the ticket price this time compared to the last time, €74.50 compared to €66.50, not a huge difference but it does seem excessive.

• Advertisement

generally yes, although it has been both more and less depending on where they put the stage. Arcade Fire, Macklemore and other standalone gigs in recent years were 32k as far as I know.

yeah, it is a bit much. I was OK about paying that much before as it was their comeback, but an increase for what may well be the same gig isn't worth it to me.
    going to wait a while and maybe pick one up later, can imagine plenty going on Toutless for below cost price on the week of it. if there's new material in the meantime i might change my mind, but as it is, it's not worth it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Have a feeling I may be selling my Manchester ticket for whatever currency they use in France....get ****ing in there...COYBIG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Collie D wrote: »
    Have a feeling I may be selling my Manchester ticket for whatever currency they use in France....get ****ing in there...COYBIG

That would be the Euro, just like us.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that the capacity of Marlay Park is 32K compared to 45K of the Phoenix Park gig?

Also looking at the ticket price this time compared to the last time, €74.50 compared to €66.50, not a huge difference but it does seem excessive.
    Yep, correct capacities

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I see VIP tickets available for €175!

What exactly would a VIP ticket in Marlay Park consist of?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

BPKS wrote: »
    I see VIP tickets available for €175!

What exactly would a VIP ticket in Marlay Park consist of?

Personal welly cleaner, private loo with fresh angora rabbits for that natural wiping experience and a bouncer to protect you from skangers

access to separate area with a better stocked bar, some seats, and possibly some flushing toilets if my memory serves me. chance to spot some Irish "celebs" like Gerald Keane and Miriam O'Callaghan too I guess.
    e: you get a voucher for 4 drinks included, what a bargain!!
    Exclusive access to VIP area
    Voucher for 4 drinks included in price
    Indoor and outdoor seating area
    Wide range of food and drink outlets
    VIP toilets
    Phone charging stations
    Complimentary Wifi
    Please note this area is over 18s only as alcohol is served

access to separate area with a better stocked bar, some seats, and possibly some flushing toilets if my memory serves me. chance to spot some Irish "celebs" like Gerald Keane and Miriam O'Callaghan too I guess.
    e: you get a voucher for 4 drinks included, what a bargain!!

The bolded bit makes it a good deal...the rest I can live without paying an extra hundred notes for...who pays for a phone charging station? You're not there long enough to waste a full charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Collie D wrote: »
    The bolded bit makes it a good deal...the rest I can live without paying an extra hundred notes for...who pays for a phone charging station? You're not there long enough to waste a full charge

Probably aimed at those who'll record the whole gig on their phone rather than actually watching it

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »
    Probably aimed at those who'll record the whole gig on their phone rather than actually watching it

Don't knock them. As long as they're not standing in front of me always good to relive it on Youtube a day or two later without doing anything yourself

Advertisement