Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses 2016 - The Fourth Coming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

That would be the Euro, just like us.

Was on phone so forgot the smiley..I was drunk but not that drunk :pac:

Wasn't I supposed to ram a post down your throat from the other thread about qualifying by the way? ;) Or was it someone else?

Anyway, got tickets yesterday. Second time I got a text from one of the lads who got sorted without even me having to fire up the laptop :D

Anyone know what the weather will be like? :pac:

That's a new record of smilies for me...Roses always put me in a good mood

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭William Gates

access to separate area with a better stocked bar, some seats, and possibly some flushing toilets if my memory serves me. chance to spot some Irish "celebs" like Gerald Keane and Miriam O'Callaghan too I guess.
    e: you get a voucher for 4 drinks included, what a bargain!!

Is there any better view or anything like that?

Can anyone who has been comment on whether it's work it or not to pay the extra for the VIP tix.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Can anyone who has been comment on whether it's work it or not to pay the extra for the VIP tix.

Thanks.

Friends of mine got VIP tickets for Longitude because all regular tickets were sold out. They were absolutely disgusted at what they got. Basically a few extra portaloos, a separate bar and a few picnic tables. You'll still be watching the show with the great unwashed.

Steer well clear is my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Thanks.

I won VIP tix to blur few years back. Nothing really extra just seperate bar and toilets really

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Tickets arrived this morning!! :D

• Advertisement

Tickets arrived this morning!! :D

Dublin or Manchester? Wasn't expecting them for months

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Collie D wrote: »

Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Ya got mine for Dublin last Friday.

I was hoping for a Heaton Park type ticket but no, just the ordinary ticketmaster ticket like the Phoenix Park one.

Wonder are the Etihad tickets the fancy, smancy ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I presume support won't be announced until a few months before the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

dinneenp wrote: »
    I presume support won't be announced until a few months before the gig?

I presume it'll be dictated by the ticket sales.

Anybody know how sales have been?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

still waiting on my e tickets for the manchester show to be emailed

PTH2009 wrote: »
    still waiting on my e tickets for the manchester show to be emailed

I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure it was physical tickets only for the Manchester gigs? Hence the £13.50 postage fee to Ireland

I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure it was physical tickets only for the Manchester gigs? Hence the £13.50 postage fee to Ireland

when i booked them on the app the morning they went on sale the only option i got was ticketfast and then they emailed me later on that day saying they were still going through technical things and would email me the tickets at a later date.

would perfer physical tickets though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

everlast75 wrote: »
    Well considering the gig in the Phoenix Park was one of the best gigs I have ever gone to, I paid the money no problem.

Some (not all of ye) would spend that amount in drink and fast food on a night out. Paying the same amount for a day you never thought would come seems a much fairer deal IMHO...

The day did come. It was back in 2012 ;)

Tickets are a bit pricey, if good weather was guaranteed I'd go. Think I'll leave it closer to the time, possibly pick one up cheaper and know what the weather is like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Cienciano wrote: »
    The day did come. It was back in 2012 ;)

Tickets are a bit pricey, if good weather was guaranteed I'd go. Think I'll leave it closer to the time, possibly pick one up cheaper and know what the weather is like

risky - sure to be a sell out, probably by March when folk are over the Xmas bump

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

The continuous ads on the radio would suggest far from a sellout. Maybe when they announce a decent support it will shift a few more.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Are they releasing new material or is it another greatest hits tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

no info about a new album, it sounds like a case of them doing the rounds again for a few quid.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

mikekerry wrote: »
    no info about a new album, it sounds like a case of them doing the rounds again for a few quid.

Thats the problem id say plus the extra €10 in price is prob not helping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Thats the problem id say plus the extra €10 in price is prob not helping

Not to mention the fact that many Irish fans (myself included) purchased tickets for one of the five Manchester shows in June.

Somewhere in the region of 250,000-275,000 tickets went on sale for the Manchester shows so it's safe to assume a big Irish crowd heading over.

• Advertisement

Not to mention the fact that many Irish fans (myself included) purchased tickets for one of the five Manchester shows in June.

Somewhere in the region of 250,000-275,000 tickets went on sale for the Manchester shows so it's safe to assume a big Irish crowd heading over.
    Yea we got Manchester tickets when they went on sale so that ruled us out for Dublin. Don't get y they didn't announce Dublin at the same time?

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Yea we got Manchester tickets when they went on sale so that ruled us out for Dublin. Don't get y they didn't announce Dublin at the same time?

same got manchester tickets. im going the friday night and irelands 2nd euros game is on the next day so annoyed i probly wont be in ireland for that

PTH2009 wrote: »
    same got manchester tickets. im going the friday night and irelands 2nd euros game is on the next day so annoyed i probly wont be in ireland for that

yea same got friday tickets too, not flying back until late sat evening so at least we get to see the game but would rather b at home 4it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Got Wednesday tickets myself! Dying to see who the support is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Are they releasing new material or is it another greatest hits tour?

I'd be surprised if they were doing another "reunion" tour. I just dont think that would be their style.

The rumour mill is saying a March album but at this stage nothing would surprise me - they are a complex bunch on individuals to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I just have a feeling they're gonna drop a bomb on us around May/June. No leaks, No warning nor nothing.

It's too quiet for there not to be something burning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Accommodation is gone through the roof thanks to the Beyoncé gig in Croke Park the same night.

Dublin is going to be some pain that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Stone Roses aren't going to do the usual album release thing that others do ie leaking crap to the tabloids/NME for months in advance. It's more than likely going to be a Radiohead-style album drop.

They agreed to two albums as part of the deal they signed up to back in 2011. Now, 2012 at the Phoenix Park was probably the best gig I've ever been to, and I'd still absolutely love to have as good a day again in the summer, but I really do hope they bring out a new album.

I've Manchester and Dublin tickets, and I saw them already in Dublin and Glasgow the last time around, here's hoping...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Stone Roses aren't going to do the usual album release thing that others do ie leaking crap to the tabloids/NME for months in advance. It's more than likely going to be a Radiohead-style album drop.

They agreed to two albums as part of the deal they signed up to back in 2011. Now, 2012 at the Phoenix Park was probably the best gig I've ever been to, and I'd still absolutely love to have as good a day again in the summer, but I really do hope they bring out a new album.

I've Manchester and Dublin tickets, and I saw them already in Dublin and Glasgow the last time around, here's hoping...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭skaface

Any idea when they will announce the support acts for this.. Hopefully we get a few good ones!!

Advertisement