Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses 2016 - The Fourth Coming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

"Now it has been announced that the Stone Roses will play New York City's Madison Square Garden on June 30. Pitchfork reports that support will come from Rodrigo y Gabriela.
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/the-stone-roses/91727#zhMsDivbh1W2S40f.99"
    Wonder if R y G will play Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Surely a big tell that they'll be releasing a new album before the gigs. Not a chance they'd sell out MSG without any new material.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

ciantheod wrote: »
    "Now it has been announced that the Stone Roses will play New York City's Madison Square Garden on June 30. Pitchfork reports that support will come from Rodrigo y Gabriela.
    Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/the-stone-roses/91727#zhMsDivbh1W2S40f.99"
    Wonder if R y G will play Dublin

Just confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Just confirmed

Saw Sigur Rós in MSG a couple of years ago. Stonking venue. Imagine 'I wanna be adored ' ringing out there. Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Always wanted to see RyG so happy with them but would love to see any other Indie/Manchester band on the line up like the Happy Mondays, Charlatans or Courteeners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Morrison J wrote: »
    Surely a big tell that they'll be releasing a new album before the gigs. Not a chance they'd sell out MSG without any new material.

Blur didnt sell it out last year with a new album and they would have a greater profile in the States than the Roses.

There will be an album, no doubt about it.

The European legs of the tour should be announced in the next 2/3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Weird combination. I like RyG but wouldn't put them on the same bill as the Roses in a million years. Wonder if it means tickets are selling well that they don't feel the need to add a higher profile band.

Weird combination. I like RyG but wouldn't put them on the same bill as the Roses in a million years. Wonder if it means tickets are selling well that they don't feel the need to add a higher profile band.

Not to mention SOAK myself and another Roses fan in work played some stuff on Spotify today and thought it's very bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Good chance of new tunes , this lad was the one who announced that they were coming back for gigs

https://twitter.com/banjaxer/status/702123727463575552

Madison Square Garden sold out!

This day next week should see more of a sale of Marley Park tickets I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

BPKS wrote: »

This day next week should see more of a sale of Marley Park tickets I imagine.

Any particular reason?

Collie D wrote: »
    Any particular reason?

If the rumours are true and new music is released on March 4;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Do people reckon Marlay Park will sell out in advance of the date?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Do people reckon Marlay Park will sell out in advance of the date?

Eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Went on to ticketmaster there to print off tickets. It has been updated to show the following support.

Soak, &
    Rodrigo Y Gabriela

Very underwhelming in my opinion. I know it matters little overall, but it would have been nice to sit out and listen to something a bit livelier before SR come on. Never heard of Soak. Read that she has one album, and it’s supposed to be ok. Never anything from R&G – but the general perception is that they are good

Went on to ticketmaster there to print off tickets. It has been updated to show the following support.

Soak, &
    Rodrigo Y Gabriela

Very underwhelming in my opinion. I know it matters little overall, but it would have been nice to sit out and listen to something a bit livelier before SR come on. Never heard of Soak. Read that she has one album, and it’s supposed to be ok. Never anything from R&G – but the general perception is that they are good

I have seen both acts. RyG actually supported Stone Roses at their Tennants Vital gig at Boucher Road in 2012 & were quite good. Not really totally my cup of tea & perhaps a strange choice of support, but they do entertain.
    Soak is from Derry. She actually sings some good dirges! Saw her at Electric Picnic a handful of years ago. Lovely voice. Very likeable music, but one wonders just how it would do down with the Stone Roses fan base!
    I would ultimately agree that something a bit more 'indie', if you'll pardon the cliché, would be nicer. Maybe they'll add to the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Awful support for this type of gig in my opinion. Ah well if it's a nice day i'll be a lot happier than having good support acts. Not that I think there is anything wrong wit those two acts, just not supporting the Roses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

The Courteeners and The Charlatans were all over the news when it broke on Twitter last year... I sort of assumed that they would be supporting.

Not to take away from the support, but they will be entirely inadequate at an outdoor gig as big as Marlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

didnt recieve my manchester (17th June) tickets yet. There ticketfast but when i check my account it says

Sorry, you cannot view and print your tickets at this time. This may be for the following reasons:
    • Your event has already taken place – please check your order details.
    • We are working with the event organisers to finalise administrative details for your event.If you bought them as a gift, you can always create your very own Ticketmaster Gift Receipt
    • If your event IS today please contactcustomer services between the hours of 9.30am-6pm Monday - Saturday. If outside of customer services opening hours please go to the box office at the venue for assistance
    Thank you for your patience.

flying to liverpool on the 16th June (same days England vs Wales in the euros) and staying in bury on the 17th and flying back to dublin in time for the Ireland game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

PTH2009 wrote: »
    didnt recieve my manchester (17th June) tickets yet. There ticketfast but when i check my account it says

Sorry, you cannot view and print your tickets at this time. This may be for the following reasons:
    • Your event has already taken place – please check your order details.
    • We are working with the event organisers to finalise administrative details for your event.If you bought them as a gift, you can always create your very own Ticketmaster Gift Receipt
    • If your event IS today please contactcustomer services between the hours of 9.30am-6pm Monday - Saturday. If outside of customer services opening hours please go to the box office at the venue for assistance
    Thank you for your patience.

flying to liverpool on the 16th June (same days England vs Wales in the euros) and staying in bury on the 17th and flying back to dublin in time for the Ireland game.

I'm going on the Friday night (17th), flying in from Cork early that morning so will have the full day in Manchester.

Tricky part is that I must get from Manchester to Bordeaux for the ROI V Belgium game at 3pm on the Saturday. Any thoughts on best options?

Thinking of flying Manchester-Bordeaux (via Paris) at 6am Saturday morning and arrive in Bordeaux shortly after 11am.

Will be wrecked from the Roses the previous night but no way am I missing either the gig or game!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

I have this problem. Bought a ticket for Manchester assuming we weren't going to qualify. In the euphoria that followed I booked a campervan and I'm doing the entire group stages. Now have to find a way to get to Manchester and back or alternatively sell the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Libadour wrote: »
    I have this problem. Bought a ticket for Manchester assuming we weren't going to qualify. In the euphoria that followed I booked a campervan and I'm doing the entire group stages. Now have to find a way to get to Manchester and back or alternatively sell the ticket.

I'm going mad they didn't announce the Wednesday show before the Fri/sat ones. Much easier and cheaper to go mid week. Still prefer to see them in Manchester than a field in Dublin (should of put them in the Aviva stadium)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

If true, this would be extremely exciting! I remember the excitement around their 2nd album, though ultimately, a wee bit of an anti-climax (though the hype was so high, it was bound to be anti-climactic). Some of ye are too young to remember this! Don't forget, in those days, there was no real internet, no Boards, no tweets!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

It's a runaway train at the moment , new music

peteeeed wrote: »
    It's a runaway train at the moment , new music

Probably worth getting along to Marlay Park, then.....?!

Remember the excitement of hearing them live the first time in Belfast, & they played 'One Love'. It was pretty new a time - maybe not even released officially yet. Boy, that was something! :cool:

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

http://www.gigwise.com/news/105793/stone-roses-new-music-rumours-on-twitter-not-true-manchester-tickets Oh well!

Wouldn't doubt it will still happen, just appears not to be so soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Soak, &
    Rodrigo Y Gabriela

Even though these acts are good musically, it's a really disappointing lineup for a gig of this scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Are they the support for Manchester too. R+G are impressive musically but they are like watching paint dry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    . Still prefer to see them in Manchester than a field in Dublin (should of put them in the Aviva stadium)

I'd much prefer them in Marley Park then any stadium there is something about a concert in a stadium that doesn't appeal to me

Advertisement