Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses 2016 - The Fourth Coming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

I'd much prefer them in Marley Park then any stadium there is something about a concert in a stadium that doesn't appeal to me
    Too restricted. Too regimented. The Roses are all about being free man..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

This was just posted by the record store in Manchester where the lemon posters first appeared before the announcement of the Etihad gigs.

https://twitter.com/VinylRevivalMcr/status/705701643363475456

Its on..........

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

BPKS wrote: »
    This was just posted by the record store in Manchester where the lemon posters first appeared before the announcement of the Etihad gigs.

Its on..........

And with that any slim prospect of any work being done today has gone out the window..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Announcement at 2pm on Absolute Radio

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

bajer101 wrote: »

any guesses as to what it might be?

Additional gigs?

Album release?

Additional support acts?

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    any guesses as to what it might be?

Additional gigs?

Album release?

Additional support acts?

There seems to be a lot of chatter about it being a new EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

They've just said they'll be playing the new Foals single after 2. Reckon they've got a nice bit of free publicity out of all the speculation.

EDIT: They are actually playing that now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It's probably either headlining Glastonbury or a new EP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Breaking up? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Well that was 30 minutes of listening to Absolute Radio that I won't get back.

One journalist saying there is definitely news coming, but he won't tweet the press release. Another saying it's a London date, which would make sense as they haven't announced one yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Well that was 30 minutes of listening to Absolute Radio that I won't get back.

One journalist saying there is definitely news coming, but he won't tweet the press release. Another saying it's a London date, which would make sense as they haven't announced one yet.

agreed

The Stone Roses have announced that there will be a new rumour next Friday.

The Stone Roses have announced that there will be a new rumour next Friday.

Well we can't do the annual reformation one any more so we have to have our speculative fun somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

BPKS wrote: »

Its on..........

Link is dead - what was it?

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Link is dead - what was it?

A lemon poster and something about some Roses news...

Any reckon they'll do another continental European tour like last time? Had to sell my Manchester ticket as I'll be away at Euros but would check them out over there if logistics work

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

ciantheod wrote: »

And people thought the length between the first and second was bad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,361 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

jester77 wrote: »
    And people thought the length between the first and second was bad :pac:

surely second and third, first two came out quick enough maybe two years apart then years before the second coming.

salmocab wrote: »
    surely second and third, first two came out quick enough maybe two years apart then years before the second coming.
    If by second you mean "The Complete..." or "Turns into Stone" they just a compilation of B-sides, etc. rather than an official album. Think it was the record company they were in dispute with trying to cash in, as far as I know Roses never made a penny from it

Collie D wrote: »
    If by second you mean "The Complete..." or "Turns into Stone" they just a compilation of B-sides, etc. rather than an official album. Think it was the record company they were in dispute with trying to cash in, as far as I know Roses never made a penny from it

Yeah meant turns into stone, presumed that was a normal album but its a long time since I got it. It was silvertone records.

• Advertisement

Yeah meant turns into stone, presumed that was a normal album but its a long time since I got it. It was silvertone records.

Pretty class collection of songs all the same

Collie D wrote: »
    Pretty class collection of songs all the same

Yeah speaks volumes that a random collection of tunes seems like a real album. Looking forward to the gig in marley, walking distance of my house so bbq in the afternoon and a stroll down to the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Yeah speaks volumes that a random collection of tunes seems like a real album. Looking forward to the gig in marley, walking distance of my house so bbq in the afternoon and a stroll down to the gig.

What time and is it BYOB? :-)

What time and is it BYOB? :-)

early afternoon and very much BYOB

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LisaDaly

Hi guys!
    Newbie here! I have two tickets for the Friday night of the Stone Roses Manchester gig, looking to sell them off, as I can't go now. Would anyone know anyone that's looking for some tickets? I want a fan to be able to go to the gig! Selling at face value, seated and all.
    Any interest, gimme a shout!
    Thanks!
    Lisa :)

LisaDaly wrote: »
    Hi guys!
    Newbie here! I have two tickets for the Friday night of the Stone Roses Manchester gig, looking to sell them off, as I can't go now. Would anyone know anyone that's looking for some tickets? I want a fan to be able to go to the gig! Selling at face value, seated and all.
    Any interest, gimme a shout!
    Thanks!
    Lisa :)

I'd love these! First in??

They don't have names or anything on them do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LisaDaly

bubblypop wrote: »
    I'd love these! First in??

They don't have names or anything on them do they?

If you want them, you can have them! I think it should be ok, I can't print the sodding things yet though, something about event organisers tying up a few bits (has this happened to anyone else??) I'm using that Ticketfast thing, so I'm hopeful it'll be soon...

Can you private message me or something? I'm new to boards.ie, haven't got a clue what's going on!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

How's the Marlay gig selling? Seems like its not sold out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Anyone know who is supporting?

• Advertisement

Anyone know who is supporting?

Soak and Rodrigo y Gabriela

Advertisement