Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses 2016 - The Fourth Coming

Options

Comments

So I ruined my birthday surprise, but turns out I'm going to Manchester to see the stone roses!!

So, tickets are available again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,361 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

bubblypop wrote: »
    So I ruined my birthday surprise, but turns out I'm going to Manchester to see the stone roses!!

So, tickets are available again.

Ah hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Anyone know if any more support is going to be announced? Pretty poor show so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Anyone know if any more support is going to be announced? Pretty poor show so far.

No idea but can't see them announcing anyone good. The price of the ticket suggested otherwise tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    No idea but can't see them announcing anyone good. The price of the ticket suggested otherwise tho

Aye, can't say I'm not woefully disappointed in the line up so far. Soak and R&G just seem to jar. Not sure who i would've preferred to see supporting but looks like the plan of the big day out has just turned into rock up for the Roses after a few scoops in the pub. Shame really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Loads of photos of them knocking around today , recording at the church studios London

https://twitter.com/banjaxer/status/712705230660640768

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

I refuse to believe anything about new material until I am listening to it. We all know what the Roses are like. It's a defense mechanism :o

Libadour wrote: »
    I refuse to believe anything about new material until I am listening to it. We all know what the Roses are like. It's a defense mechanism :o

i was the same until i saw this pick of reni with producer paul epworth

proxy.jpg?t=HBiMAWh0dHBzOi8vc2NvbnRlbnQuY2RuaW5zdGFncmFtLmNvbS90NTEuMjg4NS0xNS9lMzUvMTI0NDYyOTdfMTc2NDc4NzkwNzA3Nzk1M18xMzcxODY3OTg3X24uanBnP2lnX2NhY2hlX2tleT1NVEl4TWpVeU1qVXlOVGs0TnpRMU1EVTRPQSUzRCUzRC4yFPAQFOoIHBSEBhSUAwAAFgASAA&s=ZRP7EFY-DlgCK-mMpXCxiJ54mS53qyxAaVN7Y3fR3tE

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Oh ye of little faith.

They were never going to do another "greatest hits" tour.

March 4th was frustrating but it has only served to increase the anticipation of new music, if that was possible.

Libadour wrote: »

HORSES MOUTH HAHA IAN BROWN ITS ONNNNN

http://bcove.me/q1ing2vx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

http://www.nme.com/news/the-stone-roses/92519

The piece to go with the video.

Those Marlay Park tickets will starting moving fairly sharp now?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Still waiting on my etickets to be emailed to me by Ticketmaster for the Manchester 17th June show.

Anyway of changing the delivery to postage (will pay the cost)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Still waiting on my etickets to be emailed to me by Ticketmaster for the Manchester 17th June show.

Anyway of changing the delivery to postage (will pay the cost)

Shouldn't they be on your Ticketmaser account and print off from there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

yabadabado wrote: »
    Shouldn't they be on your Ticketmaser account and print off from there ?

Sorry, you cannot view and print your tickets at this time. This may be for the following reasons:
    • Your event has already taken place – please check your order details.
    • We are working with the event organisers to finalise administrative details for your event.If you bought them as a gift, you can always create your very own Ticketmaster Gift Receipt
    • If your event IS today please contactcustomer services between the hours of 9.30am-6pm Monday - Saturday. If outside of customer services opening hours please go to the box office at the venue for assistance
    This is whats comes up when i click into my account. The support bands are not even announced yet so maybe there waiting on that before emailing them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

More lemon posters sighted in Manchester according to Vinyl Revival Mcr.

Is something happening this time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

check_six wrote: »
    More lemon posters sighted in Manchester according to Vinyl Revival Mcr.

Is something happening this time around?

Rumour of a single imminent

CiFmIRgWMAA4SzU.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Just like the last time, sfc happening today. Surely, this time, there will be something by the week's end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Just like the last time, sfc happening today. Surely, this time, there will be something by the week's end?

The last time was just an opportunist record shop pimping some new prints they had and it got out of hand. This is definitely the real deal. The only question is whether it is a single, EP or full album. My money is on a single release this week but only followed up with an EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

New single to be released at 8pm tonight according to their FB page.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Where will this be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Where will this be available?

probably be on youtube?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Annie Mac will be playing it just before the official time of 8 tonight on BBC Radio 1.
    Listen here......
    http://tunein.com/radio/BBC-Radio-1-988-s24939/

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Good lord it is hard to listen to the ****e of today!!!
    Play the damn song already!!!

If the rubbish that is been played now on the Annie Mac show is any indication of the new single, I am pretty damn worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

First impression... Not for me sadly

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Thumbs up from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

That is utterly, awfully bad.
    "All for one
    One for all
    If we all join hands
    We'll make a wall."

Dreadful stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Have to listen a couple more times but first impressions are that if I was flicking through stations and heard it I would keep going. Wanted this to be great and maybe enter into the psychedelic arena but ...

So much potential in the stone roses and I don't think this fulfills much of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Lyrics are fairly awfully, was cringing my way through the first listen. Definitely not the kind of track to make me go out and pick up a ticket for the show will wait and hear some more off it before I make a decision!

Advertisement