Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to set up iphone 6 from iphone 5 back up

• 05-11-2015 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I got a new iphone today and had backed up the old one. When I plugged it into itunes and selected 'restore from backup' it said

'The backup Melissa's iphone can not be restored to this iphone because the software on the iphone is too old. To restore this iphone from this backup you must first set the phone up as new and restore the software to the latest version'

I can't remember what version of iOS I had on the 5 as I don't have it now. The 6 has 9.0 and I am updating it now to 9.1. Wil that take the message away and I'll be able to retreive the back up as normal or will I still need to set it up as new and then try to restore?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

If anyone comes up against this in the future, Updating the iphone 6 to 9.1 worked and I was able to then restore from backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

The 5 must of been on 9.1, if you back up on x iOS then you can't restore that backup unless the iPhone is on the same or higher software version

Advertisement