Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fairness

Options
  • 05-11-2015 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Heard today an Riocht of which I am a member is not allowed to join NASRPC. I thought they were one of the most active clubs? any ideas what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ntipptop

Heard today an Riocht of which I am a member is not allowed to join NASRPC. I thought they were one of the most active clubs? any ideas what happened?

Have to say i am very pee'ed off, i also am a member of "AN RIOCHT"
    I have travelled all over this country supporting the NASRPC and to hear this news now, is a blow for the shooting community that is trying to stay together for the good of shooting sports in the country
    Again No explantion for this !!! Is it because they asked a few questions about the s.c. and the way forward ??? is this the way the NASRPC carries out bussiness when asked a question??
    How dare anyone ask how we run this club, so get out !!!! wtf are these people at ????
    Is there something going on that they do not want to share or are afraid ??
    this cannot be right, they were good enough to abscond with the days takings at a shoot held at an riocht back in may!!! also had no problem in taking their monies for the last few years
    I have as a club member a right to know WHY did NASRPC kick AN RIOCHT out ?????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cra

An Riocht are one of the clubs looking for an EGM of the NASRPC so I reckon that if you put two and two together it looks like the NASRPC are trying to get rid of anyone who does not agree with them. Its only a small step from democracy to "we know whats best so sit down and do what you are told".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Hi I'm also a member of AnRiocht ... Ya tis all ture kicked out for having an opinion, not a great way to run anything.. NASRPC looking to avoid EGM and hold on to the bit of power they have... F'n ego's..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Hi I'm also a member of AnRiocht ... Ya tis all ture kicked out for having an opinion, not a great way to run anything.. NASRPC looking to avoid EGM and hold on to the bit of power they have... F'n ego's..

What power? I have been at the NASRPC agm's for the past 5 years when the committee spots have been up for grabs, I haven't seen too many people looking to put their names forward. As for egos who was it that organised a meeting in Portlaois 2 weeks ago where certain clubs could bring who they wanted and other clubs were told it was for range owners only.
    I was in Abbeyleix last weekend too at the open meeting where anyone could ask the committee what they wanted and get answers.
    Perhaps there should be an egm called for the committee of the sports coalition and see will they answer some questions on their behaviour !!!

homerhop wrote: »
    What power? I have been at the NASRPC agm's for the past 5 years when the committee spots have been up for grabs, I haven't seen too many people looking to put their names forward.

Then why try stop the call for a EGM by kicking out AnRiocht, you agree with these tactics ??
    As for egos who was it that organised a meeting in Portlaois 2 weeks ago where certain clubs could bring who they wanted and other clubs were told it was for range owners only.

Thats not correct anyone could of attended that meeting i know many who did from many different clubs.

I was in Abbeyleix last weekend too at the open meeting where anyone could ask the committee what they wanted and get answers.
    Perhaps there should be an egm called for the committee of the sports coalition and see will they answer some questions on their behaviour !!!

Well again a EGM would fix issues the NASRPC now have but calling for one gets you booted out..thats nice behavior... Ohh and you talk about the behavior of the SC, I trust you read the latest SC reply to the NASRPC email, it pretty clear who has thrown the toys out of the cot..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

+1 to that homerhop.

Copied from AnRiocht Facebook

Hello all,
    Kingdom "An Riocht" Rifle & Pistol Club recieved a letter this morning (05/11/2015) stating that the NASRPC committee will not accept our affiliation for this year and returning our check for same. There is no explanation given for this action but it is quite obvious why they wish to proceed in this manner, they wish to discount our letter calling for an EGM and in the case off there being an EGM nullifying our vote. Why would they do this what are they afraid off, surely if the committee of the NASRPC have done nothing wrong then an EGM is the way to trash it out and defend their actions.
    As club we are angered by these actions, in May of this year the NASRPC held a competition at our range, surely if we were to be "kicked out" of the association it should have been before that. As a club we have strongly supported NASRPC competitions all over the country and this is how we are rewarded. The least we deserve is an explanation for their actions but I believe that the committee of the NASRPC have acted wrongly yet again and that we should not be "kicked out".
    The bigger question is where is this leading, it looks like the committee will dismiss clubs as it suits to there own ends to protect what ever it is that they are protecting. It will probably end up as an NASRPC shooting on two or maybe three ranges and I would like to know how that is in the best interests off shooting sports.
    Please feel free to forward on this email as you wish as I have no wish for anonimity in this argument and as far as "An Riocht" is concerned the gloves are off.

Thank you
    Mick McGrath
    PRO
    Kingdom "An Riocht" Rifle & Pistol Club

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭habitformin

Didn't the NASRPC already hold a shoot at the range in Kerry this year?

Did they pay for use of the range?

This is crazy they use other people's facilities with the goodwill of the people as affiliated members .then refuse to allow affiliation .
    Ha ha this is nuts.

Should they now pay for using facilities of non affiliated clubs
    Because I pay every time I go to a shoot or competition .
    I pay membership fees to allow me to shoot on the ranges at An Riocht . As do all club members in their own clubs across the country.
    I have also paid on every other range I ever shot and at every NASRPC competition .
    So why would a non affiliated club allow an organisation like the NASRPC use its facilities for free and then the NASRPC charges me to shoot on a range I already pay to shoot on. Lol and then they refuse to allow the club affiliation? I'm well fed up with this NASRPC lot now.Seems they want it all their own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Not too bad

I think it's time people got there facts right before they start posting comments thers enough keyboard warriors in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Should they now pay for using facilities of non affiliated clubs
    Because I pay every time I go to a shoot or competition .
    I pay membership fees to allow me to shoot on the ranges at An Riocht . As do all club members in their own clubs across the country.
    I have also paid on every other range I ever shot and at every NASRPC competition .
    So why would a non affiliated club allow an organisation like the NASRPC use its facilities for free and then the NASRPC charges me to shoot on a range I already pay to shoot on. Lol and then they refuse to allow the club affiliation? I'm well fed up with this NASRPC lot now.Seems they want it all their own way.

Do you think that club should return funding they got of the NASRPC for putting toilet facilities on their range? Or every other club who got funding? It's not all a one way street that some people are trying to portray.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Can somebody tell me if An Riocht were members of the Nasrpc?

An Riocht have been members since 2013 when the NASRPC approached them to affiliate

Do you think that club should return funding they got of the NASRPC for putting toilet facilities on their range? Or every other club who got funding? It's not all a one way street that some people are trying to portray.

Just to be clear An Riocht have never recieved funding from the NASRPC for as much as a stamp. I would check my sources if I were you someone is telling you fibs

@homerhop

What money did An Riocht get ? I can tell you that, nothing zip zero. Not one Red cent .I asked about that too . An Riocht asked for assistance but didn't even get a reply . so when it comes to facts and figures . It's simple the NASRPC contributed nothing .

@homerhop
    Where did you hear the NASRPC gave money to An Riocht ? the facts seem a bit loose don't you think?
    Back to reality, do you actually think pulling out of the sports coalition was a good idea. Even with the results they got?
    Apparently other people made other representations unknown to the coalition? Not sure if that was positive or negative though.

Maybe it's time to ask another question here .
    Who has received assistance financially from the NASAP ? Has anyone?

Maybe it's time to ask another question here .
    Who has received assistance financially from the NASAP ? Has anyone?

That's NASRPC

It's like I don't want these people speaking for me. The people they are dealing with are professionals brokering deals and working as intermediates in high power deals every day. Now with the best will and intentions in the world that is hard to deal with. We need to put our best hand and players at the table. The behavior of the committee of the NASRPC has beyond a doubt shown they are not fit to do the job. This carry on is not our best effort .The effort with the sports coalition definitely was.I'll say it out loud.this split is bad,not needed and a solo run again by the NASRPC THEY ARE WRONG . A bunch of megalomaniac egotistical idiots . Heart in the right place alright but out of their minds if they think they are right.

Kicking out am affiliated club for no good reason is dumb. All that does is show you are afraid of something . If there is a genuine reason egos aside then what is the reason?
    Egos is not a good reason.

• Advertisement

BillBen wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me if An Riocht were members of the Nasrpc?

Yes bill definitely and good supporters too good competitors and went nation wide to compete.and did well too

You need to get your information from different sources someone's been telling you pork pies. Truth is not a cent not a red cent did An Riocht get they asked okay but didn't even get a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Maybe the upcoming AGM would be a good time for you to go and have a chat with them.

LB6 wrote: »
    Maybe the upcoming AGM would be a good time for you to go and have a chat with them.

That is too far away it's now action is needed it's now this needs to be straightened out.its rubbish to think this is good for shooting don't you think?

Advertisement