Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Episode 5 | Now [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

What I don't understand is why Rick gives the gun to Ron in the first place? He says everyone has to be quiet as a graveyard (while standing outside by the wall talking loudly), yet he gives the kid a gun with 1 bullet in it and says to shoot a walker essentially. People on the wall are also not exactly being quiet talking. It's all still quite inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Who is Coral?

Coral is Carol's evil twin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

shineon23 wrote: »
    I'd say he wants to shoot Rick.

When Rick was making his speech near the beginning of the episode Ron looked to be reaching for a knife.

I thought that it could have been Spencer's blood dripping at the end on first look, with Deanna being nearby. But now not sure at all.

That was Deanna's lad that reached for the knife, they showed the knife on him while at the pantry aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    ok i know there are literally tonnes of walkers out there..but their gate has bars in it. could they not go all stabby stabby at those ones like they did at the prison to get rid of a few of them?

For me i would be constructing a long thin stong 'sheep run' inside the gate. Once done open the gate slightly or construct a smaller inside gate that can be opened and closed at will possible even powered with hydralic ram.

Bring a bunch in the sheep run at a time. close the gate. stabby stabby. clear out the run, then next. same again.

Dump the bodies back over the back wall.

Continue until cleared out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

jonny24ie wrote: »
    That was Deanna's lad that reached for the knife, they showed the knife on him while at the pantry aswell :)

I thought it was Ron?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

snowgal wrote: »
    Coral is Carl!! Its a play on the way Rick says his name alot esp in season 4!

Huh? It doesnt sound like Coral - it sounds more like Corl.

listermint wrote: »
    For me i would be constructing a long thin stong 'sheep run' inside the gate. Once done open the gate slightly or construct a smaller inside gate that can be opened and closed at will possible even powered with hydralic ram.

Bring a bunch in the sheep run at a time. close the gate. stabby stabby. clear out the run, then next. same again.

Dump the bodies back over the back wall.

Continue until cleared out.

The ability to control the opening is the problem there. I doubt they have a hydraulic anything to achieve the level of control needed to avoid letting far more in than they can handle. Also, aside from Rick, Carol and Michonne, with the possible exception of Maggie, Carl, Tara and Heath, the rest are weak minded people who wouldn't be able to contribute much to this.

Not in an Irish accent that separates the consonants, but in a southern US accent it does.

They should source themselves a steam roller or tank and systematically squash large hordes of walkers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I thought it was Ron?

I will watch it again but im fairly certain it was the other lad as the knife handle is quiet unique and ron wasnt at the pantry?

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Not in an Irish accent that separates the consonants, but in a southern US accent it does.

hmmmm... Im an Irish user reading an Irish web forum.

Forgive me, I wasnt aware I was supposed to be reading it in a southern US accent.

The ability to control the opening is the problem there. I doubt they have a hydraulic anything to achieve the level of control needed to avoid letting far more in than they can handle. Also, aside from Rick, Carol and Michonne, with the possible exception of Maggie, Carl, Tara and Heath, the rest are weak minded people who wouldn't be able to contribute much to this.

I dont believe that for a second, it wouldnt add to the drama. But a simple slight opening would be easily achievable as would reinforcing the gate for this sole purpose.

Hydralics could be taken out of vehicles / garage doors many things that are available. Would not even need hydralics simple long arm extension bars and some gate reinforcement would allow a small gap be opened and closed at time

sure you could even weld a car directly to the gate for sideways open and close and weight reinforcement.

They should source themselves a steam roller or tank and systematically squash large hordes of walkers.

If ive learned anything from Goldrush the DC10 can do anything. Its the solution to all the worlds problems, and it has air conditioning and a radio too.

or a DC 11 oooo

CAT-Dozer-D11-02.jpg

hmmmm... Im an Irish user reading an Irish web forum.

Forgive me, I wasnt aware I was supposed to be reading it in a southern US accent.

The 'Coral' meme originates in the US, the show is set in the southern US. Those are the reasons you should have. Andrew Lincoln's somewhat changing and imperfect accent is the butt of the joke.
    I dont believe that for a second, it wouldnt add to the drama. But a simple slight opening would be easily achievable as would reinforcing the gate for this sole purpose.

Hydralics could be taken out of vehicles / garage doors many things that are available. Would not even need hydralics simple long arm extension bars and some gate reinforcement would allow a small gap be opened and closed at time

Well with the wall seemingly on it's way to failure in a section at least we will probably get to see an uncontrolled version of this in actino soon enough (probably 2 episodes time).

The 'Coral' meme originates in the US, the show is set in the southern US. Those are the reasons you should have. Andrew Lincoln's somewhat changing and imperfect accent is the butt of the joke.

Never heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I will watch it again but im fairly certain it was the other lad as the knife handle is quiet unique and ron wasnt at the pantry?

I though that scene was at the wall when Rick was talking? I might be misremembering

I though that scene was at the wall when Rick was talking? I might be misremembering

Yeah but the knife was shown again around about the pantry

Whoops my bad, it was Ron that had the knife, as he went to take it out he was staring over at Carl and when carl looked over he moved his hand from the knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I thought it was a pretty mediocre episode. It really seemed like the writers were just 'spinning their wheels'. Given that last week's episode was Morgan's flashback we've had 2 whole episodes where the story has not moved forward in any real significant way (bar Rick suddenly appearing back at Alexandria).
    It's not that I want wall to wall action I just want the sense that the story is moving forward. Take Maggie & Aaron's trip down to the sewers. While it's a neat scene in and of itself you could have accomplished the same result with their conversation in the armory.

Two things stood out to me - why does Rick loudly lecture the townspeople about being quiet while standing within earshot of the herd? Why don't the sentries make some sort of cover or hide in the watchtower so that they can stand guard without being in plain sight of the herd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭obriendj

Greyjoy wrote: »
    I thought it was a pretty mediocre episode. It really seemed like the writers were just 'spinning their wheels'. Given that last week's episode was Morgan's flashback we've had 2 whole episodes where the story has not moved forward in any real significant way (bar Rick suddenly appearing back at Alexandria).
    It's not that I want wall to wall action I just want the sense that the story is moving forward. Take Andrea & Aaron's trip down to the sewers. While it's a neat scene in and of itself you could have accomplished the same result with their conversation in the armory.

Two things stood out to me - why does Rick loudly lecture the townspeople about being quiet while standing within earshot of the herd? Why don't the sentries make some sort of cover or hide in the watchtower so that they can stand guard without being in plain sight of the herd?

A couple of things stood out for me. How did rick escape, I think we will find out but we might not. Where was Carol?

I thought the trip down the sewer was significant because Maggie had to at least try and find Glenn. She would have gone out the gate regardless of the number of walkers if she wasn't pregnant.

The two things you mention here, I don't think being extra quiet is going to move the herd on. A few might wonder off but the vast majority are going to stick around the fence.

obriendj wrote: »
    A couple of things stood out for me. How did rick escape, I think we will find out but we might not. Where was Carol?

I thought the trip down the sewer was significant because Maggie had to at least try and find Glenn. She would have gone out the gate regardless of the number of walkers if she wasn't pregnant.

The two things you mention here, I don't think being extra quiet is going to move the herd on. A few might wonder off but the vast majority are going to stick around the fence.

I have a feeling we will start next weeks episode with how rick got out of the RV situation followed by Sasha and Co's story while all that was going on in Alexandria. This season seems to jump back and forth alot.

The group leader still isnt rick thats why nobody has listened, they will only listen to Deeana.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

I agree that being quiet won't make the herd move on, they'll need some form of distraction. But keeping quiet will at least mitigate the threat. It just looked a bit ridiculous to me to have Rick loudly explain why they should keep quiet while he's standing right next to the wall. As for the guard tower, keeping someone in plain sight all the time is basically 'ringing the dinner bell' for the herd at the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very poor episode. Not exactly awful but nothing noteworthy, and not one I ever need to see again.

I'm just so fed up with this Glenn storyline because we all know it's going to end up with some ricockulous reunion where he explains how he survived against all the odds - and logic.

'Glenn, baby, I was afraid I'd lost you.'

'Yeah, it's a good thing those hundred or so walkers only ate the guy on top of me and left me COMPLETELY UNSCATHED.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Maybe not to you but to millions of others it sounds like Coral when he shouts his name. Even the actors take the p out of Andrew Lincolns attempt sometimes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Oh I seen that already that's just the normal AMC post episode trailer. I thought you meant a special one. In fact that one was released , albeit accidently, few days before last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

Never heard of it.

well look it up, there's loads about it!!!

Rick jumped out the drivers side of the RV and ran towards Alexandria.

Its not really rocket science the Herd was coming at the RV from the Passenger side of the RV. He just ran away from it, Some of the herd was ahead of him at the time but not the bulk of it.

I dont even think that warrants an explanation tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Rick jumped out the drivers side of the RV and ran towards Alexandria.

Its not really rocket science the Herd was coming at the RV from the Passenger side of the RV. He just ran away from it, Some of the herd was ahead of him at the time but not the bulk of it.

I dont even think that warrants an explanation tbh.

I have to agree with this poster there's not much else he could of done. Although it would of added a bit of oomph to the episode to start off that way. Instead of with Deanna looking about the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Rick got away from the herd by running, yet in his approach to the gates these slow moving zombies were hot on his heels somehow, Rick can't run for ****.

Advertisement